Accuracy is unacceptable

Hi securigy,

the reason of inaccuracy you have measured is due to the antenna radiation pattern.

Physically it is impossible to create a perfect omni-directional flat antenna, in this case PCB antenna. So depends on the orientation the distance measurement might differs resulting in errors in position estimation.

1. The antenna calibration has been done between two nodes with antenna pointing face-face. If you measure the distance between Anchor-Tag you should get the accuracy described in the Application Notes.
    I think you are mixing 2 accuracy terms together. Distance accuracy should be as mentioned in the Application Notes. Position accuracy is a combination of errors in: all distance measurements, anchor positions, location engine.

2. DWM1001 - all modules have been calibrated as mentioned above. DWM1000 - I don’t know.

3. Again, if you talk about distance measurement then you need to define the antenna orientation. Or you need to use another antenna, see this post: Antenna orientation Calibration

4. No, it should not.

5. The accuracy of distance or position? See my response above.

Cheers,
TDK