Configuring Tag from BLE app

Hi,

I’m using Decawave BLE Android App to configure a Network with 4 Anchors, 1 Tag and 1 Listener.

I configure the Tag with this Parameters:
[list]
[]Node Type -> tag
[
]Network -> MyNetwork
[]UWB -> active
[
]Normal Update Rate -> 1 min/0.017 Hz
[]Satationary Update Rate --> Disabled
[
]UWB Firmware Update --> Disable
[]LED --> Disable
[
]Responsive Mode --> Disable
[]Location Engine --> Enable
[
]Stationary Detection --> Disable
[/list]
I want very low consumption in this node

In this mode should the BLE be turned off until press Wake Up Button?

If in a while I reconnect by BLE to see its position the configuration has changed and the Parameters are:
[list]
[]Normal Update Rate --> 1 s/1 Hz
[
]Responsive Mode --> Enable
[/list]

In other test I configure the Tag with this Parameters:

[list]
[]Node Type -> tag
[
]Network -> MyNetwork
[]UWB -> active
[
]Normal Update Rate -> 1 min/0.017 Hz
[]Satationary Update Rate --> Disabled
[
[]LED --> Disable
[
[
]Stationary Detection --> Disable
[/list]But with a Listener using the Comand “les” I see data every one second… so I think that Normal Update Rate is not well configured

what am I doing wrong?

Best Regards,

Sergio
[hr]
Hi,

The issue only happens when Responsive Mode is Disable, in this case the Normal Update Rate change to 1s/1Hz, if Responsive Mode is Enable then the Update Rate mantains its value

Best Regards,

Sergio
[hr]
Hi,

I doing more test and I think that if I configure with Responsive Mode Disable the first position is received by the Listener at Normal Update Rate configured but the nexts are received each second and Responsive Mode change to Enable.

Best Regards,

Sergio

Hi Sergio,

For best battery life performance I suggest Responsive Mode off, Stationary detect On and set the Normal Update Rate and Stationary Update Rate as you require.
Also I assume you are using a DWM1001 on a DEV board. To conserve power there are some modifications required to the board to disable the Segger J-Link OB. Search the forum for that one.

Ken

When Responsive Mode is Disable the configuration doesn´t work fine.

[list]
[]Node Type -> tag
[
]Network -> MyNetwork
[]UWB -> active
[
]Normal Update Rate -> 100 ms/10 Hz
[]Stationary Update Rate -> 10 s/0.1 Hz
[
[]LED --> Enable
[
[
][color=#333333][size=small]Stationary Detection --> Enabled[/size][/color]
[/list]And the Configuration of the node Change:
[list]
[]Node Type -> tag
[
]Network -> MyNetwork
[]UWB -> active
[
]Normal Update Rate -> 1 s/1 Hz
[]Stationary Update Rate -> *****
[
[]LED --> Enable
[
[
]Stationary Detection --> Disabled
[/list]

Why Change the Configuration???

In Responsive Mode Disable should the BLE be turned off until press Wake Up Button?

Best Regards,

Hi ,

When you say Responsive Mode Disabled, I presume have unticked the box in the phone APP meaning you’re now in Low Power Listening mode of the TAG.

I also presume that you’re using the MDEK1000 modules DWM1001-DEV and not a custom board with our DWM1001.

In general current could be disappointing because leakage can occur through the pins if connected to other devices, including the DEV board, and so it could appear that the device is consuming more power than it should be.

How do you measure the current consumption and what usage do you get?

To minimise current usage one could take some measures by desoldering some of the jumpers as described in section 8 of the DWM1001-DEV datasheet.

For example it describes that solder Bridge J4 can be desoldered and a resistor placed across connector J2 to allow measurement of the modules current consumption.

It describes also how the disable the current drawn by the Jlink and Leds.

In release 2 bluetooth will be turned off by itself in Responsive Mode Disable/ Low power Listening mode and until you press Wake Up Button

HI,

When you say Responsive Mode Disabled, I presume have unticked the box in the phone APP meaning you’re now in Low Power Listening mode of the TAG.
Yes, Responsive Mode is unticked

I also presume that you’re using the MDEK1000 modules DWM1001-DEV and not a custom board with our DWM1001.
Yes, we are using DWM1001-Dev boards

How do you measure the current consumption and what usage do you get?
Now we are not measuring current. There is not modifications on the dev boards

In release 2 bluetooth will be turned off by itself in Responsive Mode Disable/ Low power Listening mode and until you press Wake Up Button
So, responsive mode disables now not turn off the BLE, this will happend in the Release 2??

Why Change the Configuration???

Node Type: tag
Network: MyNetwork
UWB: active
Normal Update Rate: 100 ms/10 Hz
Stationary Update Rate: 10 s/0.1 Hz
UWB Firmware Update: Disable
LED: Enable
Responsive Mode: Disable
Location Engine: Enable
Stationary Detection: Enabled

And the Configuration of the node Change:

Node Type: tag
Network: MyNetwork
UWB: active
Normal Update Rate: 1 s/1 Hz
Stationary Update Rate: *****
UWB Firmware Update: Disable
LED: Enable
Responsive Mode: Disable
Location Engine: Enable
Stationary Detection: Disabled

Best Regards,

Sergio

Hi again,
Can you explain a bit more?
Can you tell after how much time the configuration changes?
The 1st configuration is the default configuration from the box.
You power up 4 Anchors, 1 listener and a TAG (all straight from the box), so all 6 nodes have the same data rate configuration.

And then what? suddenly the config of the TAG changes ?

Or could it be that the 1s/1 Hz configuration is your original configuration. and that you want to change to 100 ms/10 Hz, but that has not been saved , and so you go back to (stay) on the old configuration?

Hi,

I reprogram the node firmware with the recovery image, and then everythings works fine.

Best Regards,

Sergio

Good to hear you got it resolved. Not sure why the default image on the units presented a problem. Have you created your own DWM1001 image and programmed the units?

HI,

I test again changing the role TAG/ANCHOR with the other nodes and everything works fine… only that node had the problem, and now is solved.

Best Regards,

Sergio