DW1000 register read, write

[color=#212121][size=medium][font=Malgun Gothic]HI, all[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#212121][size=medium][font=Malgun Gothic]I need help reading the DW1000 register value. I want to read register value using DWI000 with Rx count reading and SPI command. I am having difficulty using the SPI command. I am looking at the manual but it is difficult. Could you please give me an example? Please.[/font][/size][/color]

Thank you

Hi qptwi,

Which hardware are you using ?

Maybe look at the example on git :

You will see the porting of the SPI for nordic mcu, it should help you.

Thank you,
Best regards
Yves

For EVK1000 or TREK1000
It is also possible to use the USB interface to communicate SPI commands.
In this mode of control the on-board USB to SPI application acts as a USB slave virtual COM port. It translates the COM port commands into SPI transactions to the DW1000.
This is described in the EVK user manual section 4.3.
Information on SPI write/read transaction and be found in section 9 PC USB TO SPI PROTOCOL HANDLING EXPLAINED on page 25 in the DecaRanging PC source code description.
So back to Yves question, what do you have, DWM1000 (connect to?), TREK1000, EVK1000, DWM1001 or DWM1001-DEV?
/leo

[color=#212121][size=medium][font=Malgun Gothic]Thanks for your reply. [/font][/size][/color]

[color=#212121][size=medium][font=Malgun Gothic][color=#212121][size=medium][font=Malgun Gothic]I am using the DW1000 EVK1000 now.[/font][/size][/color][/font][/size][/color]

Your original description is not sufficient, what is the problem? Are you having problems of reading/writing to DW1000 registers? What micro are you using? If you are using EVK1000, then are you using Decawave’s examples/APIs/example code? Or are you using own micro with EVB1000?

Hi Leo,

I am also trying to find documentation regarding SPI read/write transactions, but I am unable to find section 9 - PC USB to SPI Protocol Handling Explained in the DecaRanging PC source code document. Is this the right document?

Hi,
Are you sure you are looking at the source code guide for PC decaranging?
Could you try the document attached? See page: 25

Regards
/leo

DecaRanging_Source_Code_Guide.pdf (1.3 MB)

Thank-you Leo, I must have had an older version of the source code guide.

Thanks for you help!