DW1000

I am using DW1000 module .i have interfaced it to arduino uno.i made all connections as given in the data sheet .but i am unable to communicate with the module.whenever i read the module , i am getting error as shown in attachment.

First, check SPI connection to the board. if You have use any kind of logic analyzer to see if you code setup for SPI runs well.
Second, on github you can find some arduino based code for dw1000 (for example,https://github.com/thotro/arduino-dw1000/wiki)

Hello,

I have made the connection by reffaring the dw1000 datasheet and spi connections with Arduino is perfect .I tried connecting directly to Arduino(dw1000 pin to Arduino pi).also using level converter .since I am using code from GitHub which you mentioned previously.but still I am not getting responses from the module

If you’re not seeing anything and the software is known to work then the first thing to check would be power and ground connections.
Then check the SPI clock data and chip select connections.

If you are sure they are all good then look for signal integrity issues.
Do you have a bypass/decoupling cap on the power input to the module?
Do you have short and clean connections for the data and clock lines?
Can you run the SPI clock slower? If it is signal integrity then that may help.

After that I’m not sure how much more you can do without an oscilloscope to see what is going on.

Some times there no communication b/w the anchor and the tag.for example
Tag is sending BLINK message. It was received at the anchor. and then anchor is sending RANGE INIT message. But it was not received at the Tag .This process is repeating.So we are not able to get the distance value continuously in order to track a device.

and also one thing we noticed that some times the address was not set properly in Tag device. So what we need to do to get the distance value continuously. for details refer the attachment.

Still sounds like it could be signal integrity issues. What’s the wiring like? What’s the power supply like?

Hello,

Anchors and Tag is working properly and able to read distance.But if measured distance in arduino is 2 meters.physically it will be 1.2 meters on measurement using measurement tape.

is this level of accuracy will affect localization(using multi-alteration algorithm) of tag?
What is the maximum distance that module can detect(range of module)?
in my hardware setup modules can detect only within 8 meters.

Have you calibrated the antenna delays?
Range is highly dependent on physical setup.

I have made the connections with arduino using level converter and its working fine.please share me circuit connection with arduino(to check for exact connections).

please share the info to calibrate the antenna delays

The physical setup, not the electrical setup. The location and orientation of the antenna and any objects within about 20 cm of the antenna will have an impact.

On the electrical side good power supplies may help a little (A separate low noise supply, some small caps right on the power pins and larger ones as close as you can get them.)

There are decawave application notes on antenna delay calibration, they give far more detail and information that I could here.

can u explain about how to do IC Calibration – Transmit power and spectrum in order to increase the range. We referred the user manual provided by decawave but it is not clear to us. whether this is taken care in the library provided by u. If not how to do it.

Now we are getting the range up to only up to 10 meters.

can u explain about how to do IC Calibration – Transmit power and spectrum in order to increase the range . We referred the user manual provided by decawave but it is not clear to us. whether this is taken care in the library provided by u. If not how to do it.

Now we are getting the range up to only up to 10 meters.

Hi Surendra,

Can you please refer these Application notes for (APS023)IC Calibration and (APS014)Antenna Delay Calibration @
https://www.decawave.com/application-notes/ ?

These App notes will give more info on IC Calibration and Antenna Delay Calibration.

The user has to configure the Tx power settings at register 1E for maximum range.
In TREK software by default , The Tx power settings is configured for maximum range for about 300m

Thanks & Regards,
Deepa