How to setup a listener for DMW1001

Hi guys:

I am new to DMW1001 and trying to setup a listener with a Raspberry pi 3 B+.
Is there any tutorial for this? I only found one for Windows.

What are the basic steps for me to do if I want to connect them with pinouts?
I want to get the log data(position&time) for all tags every few minutes. Is there any better way to do this?

Thank you.

Hi Omgchar,

The quickest way is to setup a serial connection between the raspberry pi and the DWM1001 -DEV. The connection configuration should be 115200 8N1. You can use a software such as minicom or putty.

Then you can enter the UART shell mode sending “enter” twice, setup the node as passive anchor (listener) and retrieve location with the command “les”

Another option a bit more advanced is to use our host-api example which will run on raspberry pi. You will need to tweak it a bit to get it working with a listener.

https://www.decawave.com/dwm1001-dw10001-dev-and-mdek1001-documents-source-code-android-application-firmware-image

Hope it helps,
Regards
Yves

Can you share the tutorial that you have found

Hi Yves,

I figure out how to use minicom but when I enter the UART shell, it just starts to print location info like:

x=0, y=0, z=0, qf=0
time=440784492
x=0, y=0, z=0, qf=0
time=441782408
x=0, y=0, z=0, qf=0
time=442780263

How to stop this and type other commands?

Also, everytime I try to change mode with command like nma, the terminal just freeze. Should I change the mode with the Android App only?

Thank you
Omgchar

Hi omgchar,

If the terminal displays the coordinates and the time it is because I believe you are using an image modified with the user application, and note the reference image ?

If you downloads the dwm1001 collaterals from our website, the reference image is called DWM1001_R1_default.hex in the factory_firmware_image directory.

With this image, you should be able to enter the shell with a double enter.

After nma, the nodes reset and you need to send double enter to re-enter UART shell mode.

Let me know how it goes
Thanks
Yves

Hi Yves,

I am working this on Raspberry Pi via USB port.
I did not setup any image to the minicom. Do I need to change any settings in ‘minicom -s’?

This time it works well. I get ''mode: tn (pasv,twr,np,le) ‘’ from nmg. What do those abbrev mean? Is it already a listener?

I get x:0 y:0 z:0 qf:0 from apg but I receive nothing from les command. Do I need to setup the anchors and tags to let it work?

Thank you
Omgchar

Setup device connected to RPi as a Bridge Node and as Passive then les command will display results…
However, I am still unable to get those results in MQTT broker…