Losing movement tag information when use Raspberry Pi Gateway

Hi,

I’ve setup 1 Initiator, 3 anchors and 1 gateway following the instructions of Gateway Quick Development Guide document.

I use a Power Bank as source supply to Tag, and cell phone external power supply to anchors and gateway.

When I access gateway through browser it’s possible see tag. So when I start to move tag, few seconds after it loses tag movement information (I can see the tag on screen but frozen). More time after, is possible see the tag movement again, some seconds after, lost information.

Here a link to a video showing the screen on browser and MQTT client. During all video, I was moving the tag, but I got few seconds with its movements. See the video here

The anchors are positioned on 80 cm heigh (z position).

Did I do something wrong?

Hi Ricardo,

where have you placed the Gateway? Is it in good range with the Tag?
It looks like the Gateway cannot see the data from the Tag.

If you connect to the Tag using DRTLS Android Manager can you see the position in the Grid?

Cheers,
TDK

Hi @leapslabs

The Gateway is placed between DW912B and DW93BB as you could see on screenshot.

I can see the position in the Grid with Android, moving exactly on the same way in the browser.

It seems that after a certain number of records the tag “sleep” and woke up only when he “wanted”. And when it wake up, send a certain number of records and sleep again.

Hi Ricardo,

can you check which update rate do you use and if the Stationary Detection is enabled?
By default the Tags are configured as follow:

1. Stationary Detection enabled
  2. The Update Rate when the Tag is moving is 10 Hz
  3. The Update Rate when the Tag is not moving is 0.1 Hz

So what might happen in your video is when the Tag is not moving the update rate drops to 0.1 Hz. When it is moving, perhaps the threshold is not sensitive enough to detect your movement. The sensitivity level can be configured only via the User Application compiled with the PANS library.

Cheers,
TDK

Hi @leapslabs

I changed the update rate and the tag didn’t “freeze”.

Thanks

Hi Ricardo,

so it was not an issue just the behavior was not as you have expected?

Cheers,
TDK

Exactly,

I suspected that was only a configuration problem. I’m setting up the system in a very simple way, just for get the first results with the boards. And I’m very satisfied.

We are going to setup a “laboratory” with two rooms and anchors positioned in a more accurate position to make a lot of tests and then be confident to use in the actual project that will monitoring a big facility with a lot of rooms and floors.

Thank you so much for your inputs.

1 Like

Ok great, good luck with your project!

TDK

1 Like