Publishing via MQTT does not generate an event

Sending a message to a node using the DRTLS Web Manager does generate a DWM_EVT_USR_DATA_READY event, which makes it possible to use dwm_usr_data_read in the custom C code. However, publishing that message through MQTT (e.g. {“data”:“ASNFZ4mrze8=”,“overwrite”:false}) does not generate that event, and while dwm_usr_data_read still works, I don’t find it possible to make that reading only when there is a new message.

Is there a way to know when a new message has been published in MQTT to the node?

I will give you a little dummy question( i had this problem) , do you have the “Scan” option ON when you are trying to see the new topic ? Because if you dont have the ON option , it will never appear the new uplink or downlink topic

Hi Franco, thanks for your answer.

Do you mean the MQTT program? I do scan topics there and can see and subscribe to uplink and downlink. The thing is, when I publish from MQTT to the downlink topic, I am not able to cause an event in the tag.

Sorry, my mistake. I was doing something wrong, because publishing to the downlink topic of a node does generate a DATA_READY event.

Hi,
I’m facing the same issue, when I publish from MQTT to the downlink topic, I am not able to cause an event in the tag.
How did you fix this issue?
How is the correct way to send a message to a node by MQTT publishing?
Please, help me I need to trigger a DWM_EVT_USR_DATA_READY event and I’d really apprecciate a step-by-step explanation.

Regards