Apple NI Configuration Data Frame

Hello everybody.

I am currently working on a test setup, that shall be used with an U1 equipted iPhone.

For this I am using the DWM3000EVB board.

Now I am currently stuck at some point.

In order to create a UWB ranging session, a BLE connection is first needed.
No problem, I got this.
But then, over BLE, an Accessory Configuration Data needs to be send to the iPhone. And the iPhone then sends a Shareable Configuration Data back.

Now my problem is, that there is no information of what exactly there needs to be in this data frame that I have to send in the first place.

Does anybody know how this frame is constructed?

I asked Qorvo about the Apple Beta Software, but it´s currently getting updates and not available and I need the information about at least the frame know.

Cheers
Michael

Hi @ThEMiKeZ

I have the same question, I guess that as long as the frame respects 802.15.4 it will be OK. Then I think you can put anything you want as payload.

However what disturbs me is that as Apple spec says “UWBConfigDataLength and UWBConfigData shall be provided by the UWB middleware” that is Qorvo’s IC in this case but it is not clear to me if these parameters can eventualy take different values depending on the session.

Hi

I can tell you now, that this Frames exchanged by the NI Session via BLE, are very specific.
I do know now how they are constructed, but not from Qorvo.
I had to by an Evaluation Kit from NXP for a good amount o money to get this Info.
Unfortuanatly, I can´t share the frame info, because it is under NDA…

I must say I really hate this proprietary crap from Apple, that you have to pay a lot of money to get to those informations, or otherwise nobody is allowed to tell you something…

1 Like

i made purchase to the evaluation kit from nxp (mk uwb mobile edition kit ) 300 euro , i successfully have done the purchase but they rejected to ship me because they ask me , do i have legal company , i said i am individual developer, so they said , they do not sell it to individual developer , then they returned my money ti the credit card , i used to purchase it ,how you buy it the nxp evaluation board kit ?

I am currently working for a company and developing some UWB stuff for them.
Didn´t know MobileKnowledge/NXP only sell to business and not consumers…
But makes sense, due to the NDA stuff regarding Apple and their policies.

So apperently, developing something by yourself with Apple stuff regarding UWB is only designated for businesses…

Guess the only way is to wait until this NDA crap softens up…

1 Like

Qorvo software for NI is available here. Working fine for me, but you obviously have to be an Apple developer :slight_smile:

https://www.qorvo.com/products/p/DWM3000EVB#evaluation-tools

1 Like

regarding to photo3 below at highlight on the dw3110 specification from Qorvo web

**will it possible to get angular measurement on the SIDE OF dw3110 ( dwm3000evb) ?? :thinking:

i already download the link( https://www.qorvo.com/products/p/DWM3000EVB#evaluation- ),so how you get or download this QORVO NI DEMO app inside the link ?? :thinking: , i tried it , but i could not find it :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I think you have to check the “DW3000 Nearby Interaction QSG” doc for your question.

1 Like

i already read all , check out!! , there are two apps :v:, one i can download the code from Apple Developer Documentation
in the Apple NI documentation , YES , I DID :wink: , i found it and test the app as you said , in the “DW3000 Nearby Interaction QSG”
but that first app , i mention , it will not be able to displayed the angle and Qorvo logo on the top , and black default background color and is not same as the second app , as my previous message

different

regarding to the photo above ,you can see the black color and white color from 2 apps, both apps are different !! :wink: , i got the black color of background app from “DW3000 Nearby Interaction QSG” , :wink: but for the white color of background app as photo above , i could not find it !!! :thinking: that why i ask you, the second app in the blue highlight ,that i could not find it in the App store as the mention , is the Qorvo NI demo in the previous photo , regarding to the photo above, how you get it ? :thinking:
where

i also could not find the blue highlight —> Qorvo Nearby Interaction Demo Video in the “DW3000 Nearby Interaction QSG” where is it ?

Please let me know , maybe i am dumb :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :pleading_face:

I am also looking for this app with white background, but I can’t find it. Have you found it?

1 Like

nope :cold_sweat: that why i am asking to DECAWAVE , QORVO about this too ,and many people mis understood :tipping_hand_man: , they said , i need to read the DW3000 Nearby Interaction QSG , i already read it , i think , they will think about the app that has black color back ground , no Qorvo logo above , but nope !!! :man_facepalming: , i meant the white color background app regardind to my attach ,previous photo , i still can not find it , where is the place ,it is hidden ?? :thinking:

i already read all , check out!! , there are two apps :v:, one i can download the code from Apple Developer Documentation
in the Apple NI documentation , YES , I DID :wink: , i found it and test the app as you said , in the “DW3000 Nearby Interaction QSG”
but that first app , i mention , it will not be able to displayed the angle and Qorvo logo on the top , and black default background color and is not same as the second app , as my previous message

different

regarding to the photo above ,you can see the black color and white color from 2 apps, both apps are different !! :wink: , i got the black color of background app from “DW3000 Nearby Interaction QSG” , :wink: but for the white color of background app as photo above , i could not find it !!! :thinking: that why i ask you, the second app in the blue highlight ,that i could not find it in the App store as the mention , is the Qorvo NI demo in the previous photo , regarding to the photo above, how you get it ? :thinking:
where

i also could not find the blue highlight —> Qorvo Nearby Interaction Demo Video in the “DW3000 Nearby Interaction QSG” where is it ?

Please let me know , maybe i am dumb :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :pleading_face:

I’ve just read the README.MD file in the Sources/iOS folder,

1. you have to be an iOS developer
  2. you are getting the stock Apple NI application from the developer web-site
  3. once you got that stock application, you can apply a “patch” from the Sources/iOS directory, which will update the stock Apple NI application and make it look differently, i.e. will add a 2D/3D arrow for a better visual experience.
1 Like

I am still getting stuck or still can not :disappointed_relieved: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: ,but thanks for your response ; :slightly_smiling_face: after download stock Apple NI application from the developer web-site as i did it before as the photoNI blow ,

then i already run the app as the black color background as photo below
different

but i am getting stuck in this in order to test the white color background app as photo below

,regarding to iOS folder as README.MD as photo below in blue highlight

i am trying to do in the folder ,that download it from APPLE as photoNI above ,so in my terminal of my macbook —> git apply --reject --whitespace=fix Qorvo_NI_3D_patch.diff , i try without back tick AND with back tick git apply --reject --whitespace=fix Qorvo_NI_3D_patch.diff in terminal
HOWEVER , i am getting stuck :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :disappointed_relieved:, terminal response is → error: can’t open patch as —> photo below

so how to apply or open the Qorvo_NI_3D_patch.diff as photo below ?? :thinking:

PLEASE LET ME KNOW :pleading_face:

I am still getting stuck or still can not :disappointed_relieved: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: ,but thanks for your response; :slightly_smiling_face: after download stock Apple NI application from the developer web-site as i did it before as the photoNI blow ,

then i already run the app as the black color background as photo below
different

but i am getting stuck in this in order to test the white color background app as photo below

,regarding to iOS folder as README.MD as photo below in blue highlight

i am trying to do in the folder ,that download it from APPLE as photoNI above ,so in my terminal of my macbook —> git apply --reject --whitespace=fix Qorvo_NI_3D_patch.diff , i try without back tick AND with back tick git apply --reject --whitespace=fix Qorvo_NI_3D_patch.diff in terminal
HOWEVER , i am getting stuck :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :disappointed_relieved:, terminal response is → error: can’t open patch as —> photo below

so how to apply or open the Qorvo_NI_3D_patch.diff as photo below ?? :thinking:

PLEASE LET ME KNOW :pleading_face:

Unfortunately, I didn’t find it either. The QR code is a link, and the app can’t be downloaded. Please tell me about the progress. Thank you

1 Like

me ,too, :disappointed_relieved: i still can not download the QR code , when scan the QR code , it will send me to the QORVO web page as the photo below :man_facepalming:, → instead of downloading the QORVO NI demo app :pleading_face:

so that why i am trying to figure out or keep asking about how to get this QORVO NI demo app?? :pleading_face:
Please let me know how to get or download QORVO NI demo app

In order to execute the command for applying the patch, you need to navigate with your terminal in that folder, where the project/application is.
It seems like you are still in the root folder.

And yes I agree:
The documentation regarding this (QR Code; App being in the Appstore) is crap.
Qorvo should really be fixing this. It only confuses people.

Cheers, Michael

1 Like

Thanks ; i got it the Qorvo NI demo app :hugs: :ok_man: :v:

Cheers :ok_man:, Matthew Gohen