Associating every UWB+BLE tag to different Android mobile for navigation

Hello,
We have a use-case to support navigation of workers each with their own mobile unit. Currently we have tested 4 Anchors + 1 Tag combination and obviously the Tag is paired with a single mobile. Next we added another Tag, so we have 4 Anchors + 2 Tags and the expectation is to pair these two tags to two different mobiles. How can this be achieved? We tried discovering all the 4 anchors and powering 1 tag in a mobile and giving them the network name as “A”. Then we discovered all the anchors in another mobile and gave the network name as “T” and powered the second Tag and gave the network name also as “T”. But unfortunately the tags does not get paired into a single mobile phone and moved to the first one!!! Are there any commissioning and/or configuration steps that we are missing? Please help.
Regards
Sandeep Suresh.

Hi sandeep,

The current android application does not allow this I think.

You may want to develop a custom android application, I think it should still be possible. It should connect only to one tag and not try to connect to all surrounding broadcasting devices.

The DRTLS manager source code can be found on decawave’s website so I guess it can be a good starting point.

Yves

Thanks Yves… we expected this…but wanted to get a confirmation.
Regards
Sandeep Suresh.

Hello sandeep,

Once you have downloaded DRTLS manager source code, goto BleConstants.java file and change MAX_CONCURRENT_CONNECTION_COUNT to 3. After that even though 2 tags might get added to the list, it will only show location for only one.

1 Like

Hello Afeef,
Thanks for your response.
Regarding the suggestion, “goto BleConstants.java file and change MAX_CONCURRENT_CONNECTION_COUNT to 3. After that even though 2 tags might get added to the list, it will only show location for only one.” Our intention is to connect and show 1 tag in 1 mobile only. For example, if there are 10 users with 10 android mobile hand sets and 10 UWB tags, each tag has to connect to only one android phone. How can this be achieved?
Regards
Sandeep Suresh.

Hi Sandeep,

by default the DRTLS Android Manager does not support what you need. It simply scan and tries to communicate with all nodes which were in Bluetooth range and assigned to the network managed by the application.

However you can modify the Android Application and implement the pairing as needed. I.e. each Android application will be assigned to communication with only one Tag.

Cheers,
TDK