Coexsistence of multiple networks and a same tag

if i have a big large area to cover and the tag i am going to track will travel all the area.
so for this large area a single network with 30 anchors cannot cover all the area , so i have to establish another network placed after the first one to cover more space.
can the tag be seen by the first network and when it goes through the second, will it be seen also?

from i understand it cannot because a tag can belong to only one network by PANID.
so how can we use rtls manager and dwm1001 unit to cover an area very large like 20 000/30 000 square meters or more ?
if it can how can we do this?
or the kit cannot cover such application?

1 Like

Hi Amhed,

A single network can have more than 30 anchors, but there are some deployment rules to respect. Please have a look at the scalability section in the system performance and overview guide.

You can also search thread on the forum for “reuse” keyword, there should be multiple thread explaining this concept. (Please note that the system use to have 16 anchors seats, it now has 30 but the same scalability rules apply)

Yves

1 Like

i wouldn’t post my question if i haven’t read all the documentation and similar topics about the subject.
i just need comfirmation from decawave engineers about :
covering a large large area (like 30 000m²) with same tag moving over all area and being detected and getting its position.
can it be done or not

Hi Ahmed,

Yes such a large area can be covered by a single network that will contain many more than 30 anchors. The number of anchors required will depend on the topology of the area so I cannot comment further.

I would still recommend to have a look at the documentation to make sure the key scalability concepts are clear to you.

Thank you,
Yves

Hello Ahmed,

We have tested it and i can confirm you can do it with one single network.

2 Likes

really i can place like 150 or more anchors in a large large area 30 000m² or more and configurate them on the same network and it works ?
if so that’s a great news.

so the tag changes the anchors he is ranging to as it goes around the area ?

Hi Amhed,

Yes the tag will select 4 best anchors for ranging based on its last known position.

If the network is correctly deployed, the number of anchor is limited by the clock level, not by the 30 seats in the tdma scheme. This is explained in the documentation.

A correctly deployed network can contain 150 anchors.

Thanks
Yves

Yes, and keep one initiator.
As you start moving the tag will also switch between anchors. I don’t believe with best 4 anchor in range theory as it will be true when the tag is 1st discovered and it will be connected to those same anchors till it goes out of range and connect with next 1st in range anchor.

1 Like

got it , thanks mate
if i may ask could u please send a theoratical picture of the network you tested with even theoratical mesaurements .
meaning the position of the initiator as well as the gateways, anchors in a large scale area network. a simple picture presentation will be very helpfull.
It could help me very much and i will be very gratefull for ur help. @afeef
and thank u

I can’t really share all those details, but on rough i can tell you.
We placed out initiator at (0,0) and rest of the anchors at around 20m away from each other.

okay , thanks for the clarification.