Configure node as 'real initiator' (DWM1001 - MDEK)

It seems based on documentation that a node has to be configured as ‘real initiator’, not just configured as initiator in order to initiate an auto-positioning (section 7.2 - 1.a.) but there are not other references to ‘real initiator’ in the ‘DWM1001 Firmware API Guide’. I would be grateful if someone could tell me which documentation I should refer to in order to read more about ‘real initiator’ node configuration.

Best regards,

Esaú

Hi @esauortiz
you can have a multiple initiators in your network but when you power them only one become a real initiator and the others turns to anchor (with Initiator backup function). If the initiator are in nearby with each other then the one who start broadcasting first (first powered on or each initiator start with random delay) become the real initiator. When the network is large and initiators are far away then each start its own network which will propagate trough other anchors. When this network detect each other then some rules apply and only one wins - this process could take a while.

Cheers
JK

Thank you very much for your answer. Everything is clear, thank you for the detailed explanation.

Best regards,
Esaú