Custom communication between anchor and tag

Hello,

I’m using DWM1001 devices as anchors/tags and PANS R2.0 firmware API through C user application.

I am wondering if it is possible to send custom data (e.g. tag’s position) from a tag to an anchor, or maybe to broadcast data to all anchors.

1. An anchor can read IoT data send by a tag through dwm_usr_data_write API?
  2. Group Poll Message sent by the tag which initiates TWR exchange contains last computed position. Is there a way to get this data inside user C app on anchor?

I will appreciate, if you could give me some clarifications or indicate other ways to achieve what I want.
Thanks!

Hi,

I’m trying to send some data from a tag to a bridge node as IoT data.

On tag:

• configure node as tag
  • register DWM_EVT_LOC_READY | DWM_EVT_USR_DATA_SENT events
  • on DWM_EVT_LOC_READY event I use dwm_usr_data_write API to send some data.

On bridge node:

• configure node as anchor-bridge
  • register DWM_EVT_USR_DATA_READY event
  • wait event to read data

On the bridge node DWM_EVT_USR_DATA_READY event is never reached.
Also, on the tag node DWM_EVT_USR_DATA_SENT event doesn’t happens and dwm_usr_data_write doesn’t return any error code.

What I’m doing wrong? Maybe I missed something…

Hey, any news on this topic?

I’m looking for a way to use the module as a communication device while continuing the PANS library job. My first idea is to try and send data in the same way as it is done in the ss_twr_init example (here : GitHub - Decawave/dwm1001-examples: Simple C examples for Decawave DWM1001 hardware) But I’m afraid that I will end up messing with the transceiver too much for the PANS to work properly at the same time.

If you found a way to avoid the need for a gateway, I’m all ears!

Hi @iQuad
the PANS is delivered as the the whole SW package. It cannot be modified or mixed with any demo.

Cheers
JK