Different range values

Hi,

So i have a problem where I get range values between the a tag and an anchor for example:
RANGE = [16,15,16,15,16,15,16,15]
I do not change the distance between the anchor and tags the only thing that I do is reboot the anchor and the values change:
RANGE= [18,19,18,19,18,19,18,19]

The fact that it constantly changes is a problem because it means every time i have to recalibrate the values. Does anyone have any idea as to why this happens?

Also should I ground every single Vss pin or if one Vss pin is it fine since they all interconnected?

What are the units?

Is that in meters, in millimeters or in blue parrots?

Sorry, it’s in meters.

Leylan,
Something is completely wrong in your SW/Hw. You may see changes of few cantimeters, I.e. 0.01m but not 100 times higher.
Use Decawave’s standard HW and example code to evaluate the performance. Regards.

Hi,

I am attempting to calculate the distance, but I am receiving incorrect results, and the distance is showing as negative. Here is the code for distance calculation:

static void rx_ok_cb(const dwt_cb_data_t *cb_data)
{
uint32 frame_len;

/* Clear good RX frame event in the DW1000 status register. */
dwt_write32bitreg(SYS_STATUS_ID, SYS_STATUS_RXFCG);

/* A frame has been received, read it into the local buffer. */
frame_len = dwt_read32bitreg(RX_FINFO_ID) & RX_FINFO_RXFLEN_MASK;

/* Clear local RX buffer to avoid having leftovers from previous receptions. This is not necessary but is included here to aid reading the RX
 * buffer. */
for (int i = 0 ; i < frame_len; i++ )
{
	rx_buffer[i] = 0;
}

if (frame_len <= RX_BUF_LEN)
{
	dwt_readrxdata(rx_buffer, frame_len, 0);
}

/* Check that the frame is the expected response from the companion "SS TWR responder" example.
 * As the sequence number field of the frame is not relevant, it is cleared to simplify the validation of the frame. */
rx_buffer[ALL_MSG_SN_IDX] = 0;
if (memcmp(rx_buffer, rx_resp_msg, ALL_MSG_COMMON_LEN) == 0)
{
	uint32 poll_tx_ts, resp_rx_ts, poll_rx_ts, resp_tx_ts;
	int32 rtd_init, rtd_resp;
	float clockOffsetRatio ;

/* Retrieve poll transmission and response reception timestamps. See NOTE 9 below. */
	poll_tx_ts = dwt_readtxtimestamplo32();
	resp_rx_ts = dwt_readrxtimestamplo32();

/* Read carrier integrator value and calculate clock offset ratio. See NOTE 11 below. */
	clockOffsetRatio = dwt_readcarrierintegrator() * (double)((FREQ_OFFSET_MULTIPLIER * HERTZ_TO_PPM_MULTIPLIER_CHAN_2) / 1.0e6) ;

/* Get timestamps embedded in response message. */
	resp_msg_get_ts(&rx_buffer[RESP_MSG_POLL_RX_TS_IDX], &poll_rx_ts);
	resp_msg_get_ts(&rx_buffer[RESP_MSG_RESP_TX_TS_IDX], &resp_tx_ts);

/* Compute time of flight and distance, using clock offset ratio to correct for differing local and remote clock rates */
	rtd_init = resp_rx_ts - poll_tx_ts;
	rtd_resp = resp_tx_ts - poll_rx_ts;

tof = ((rtd_init - rtd_resp * (1.0f - (double)clockOffsetRatio)) / 2.0f) * DWT_TIME_UNITS;
	distance = (tof * SPEED_OF_LIGHT);
            }
     /* Set corresponding inter-frame delay. */
tx_delay_ms = DFLT_TX_DELAY_MS;

}…