Does DWM3000 module support CH9?

Dear team,
The Antenna on DWM3000 module is ACS5200HFAUWB,which covers frequency from 3200MHz to 7200MHz。It seem that I shall change the antenna which cover the band of CH9.
Is all right?

Hi Robert, that antenna still works well at ch9. If you look in the ACS5200HFAUWB datasheet, you see the SWR plot up to 8GHz and it is still well matched. No need to change it.

1 Like

Hi Matthias,thanks for your answer.
Although the VSWR still performs well at 8GHz,it should not be the only parameter while we are looking for a suitable antenna.In fact,we can’t get any more information for the other parameters at 8GHz from the datasheet .
I just wonder whether the advice you give is a guess,or the antenna that works at CH9 had been tested by your team?

em…
yesterday I had replied your answer,but it was hid by the system Akismet.
Firstly,thanks for your answer.
Secondly,there are several parameters of antenna,which we should consider while looking for a suitable antenna.Although the VSWR plot performs well,we can’t find any other parameters(at CH9) from the datasheet.So,I wonder whether it just a advice or it had been comfirmed by your team.

emm…
Maybe I should reply here.
Firstly,thanks for your answer.
Secondly,there are several parameters of antenna,which we should consider while looking for a suitable antenna.Although the VSWR plot performs well,we can’t find any other parameters(at CH9) from the datasheet.So,I wonder whether it just a guess or it had been comfirmed by your team.

Hi Robert, it has been tested at both channels, you can find radiation patterns for Ch5 and Ch9 in the DWM3000 datasheet.

Thank you,Matthias.
It helps a lot.

Thanks a lot for your question. Basically, the same thing I encountered a couple of times ago. So I have researched well and some sort of methods which you can follow -
Qorvo DWM3000 RF Module integrates the DW3110 IC, ceramic UWB antenna, power management, and crystal, simplifying designs. Basically, I am using this DWM3000 module on erp for small businesses. The DWM3000 offers design flexibility with a wide range of MCUs, allowing easy integration.

The Qorvo DWM3000 RF Module Supports an 850kbps and 6.8Mbps data rate. The DWM3000 is available in a 23mm x 13mm x 2.9mm 24-pin castellation and enables TOF and TDoA location schemes. The DWM3000 provides low power consumption allowing battery power to last for long periods of time.

The RF Module is ideal for asset tracking, navigation, and consumer applications.

FEATURES

• Integration of DW3110 IC, antenna, power management, and clock control simplifies design integration

• Flexibility to easy integration with a wide range of MCUs

• Supports 850kbps and 6.8Mbps data rate

• VDD3V3: 2.5V–3.6V and VDD1: 1.62V–3.6V Supply voltage

• Worldwide UWB support with UWB channel 5 (6.5GHz) and channel 9 (8GHz)

• 23mm x 13mm x 2.9mm 24-pin castellation

• Supports TOF and TDoA location schemes

APPLICATIONS

• Asset tracking

• Navigation

• Consumer

• Agriculture

• Building control and automation

• Factory automation

• Healthcare

• Safety and security

• Warehousing

• Logistics

Key Features

• Interoperable with Apple U1 chip (Beta Evaluation)
  • Supports UWB channels 5 (6.5 GHz) and 9 (8 GHz)
  • Fully aligned with FiRa™ PHY, MAC and certification development
  • Integrated UWB IC, UWB chip antenna, power management and crystal simplifies design integration
  • Optimized for Low Power battery operation
  • Allows for cost-effective implementation of UWB solutions
  • Supply voltage: 2.5 to 3.6 V (VDD3V3), 1.62 to 3.6 V (VDD1)

Qorvo’s DWM3000 module is based on the DW3110 ultra-wideband (UWB) transceiver IC. It is IEEE 802.15.4a and IEEE 802.15.4z BPRF mode compliant and allows the location of objects to a precision of 10 cm. The module has worldwide UWB support through its operation on UWB channel 5 (6.5 GHz) and channel 9 (8 GHz).

The DWM3000 module is pin and size compatible with Qorvo’s [DWM1000]. In addition, its channel 5 operation is compatible with DWM1000.

The DWM3000 module is interoperable with the Apple U1 chip (Beta Evaluation).

The DWM3000 is designed to be compliant with the FiRa™ PHY and MAC specifications enabling interoperability with other FiRa™ compliant devices.

Please see [DWM3000EVB] for an Arduino shield/development board that uses this module.

Parameter -

UWB Channels 5, 9
Integrated Antenna Yes
MCU Customer supplied
MCU Flash(KB) N/A
Bluetooth® No
Motion Sensor None
Intended Applications TWR Tag or Anchor, TDoA Tag or Anchor
Number of Tags 100s (TWR), 1000s (TDoA)
Battery Life Months (TWR), Years (TDoA)
Location Accuracy(cm) < 15 (2D), < 30 (3D)
Voltage(V) 2.4 to 3.6
Package(mm) 23.0 x 13.0 x 2.9

Hope this will help you.

Thanks a lot for your answer.
I’m glad to find that someone , like you , had the same experience with mine.
The answer above is the introduction of DWM3000,which I have got from offical website .
My question focuses on the antenna which is equited on the DWM3000 module,now I’m testing my own RF module,the next step will verify my doubt.
In any case,thanks again.