DW3220 PDOA inaccurate,Large drift

Hello,I used dwm3000 as the pdoa tag and made a pdoa node with dw3220 by meself,Refer to dw1000 pdoa kit for PCB antenna design.As shown in the figure.
I use dw3000_ API_ C0_ rev4p0 “ex_01h_ simple_ tx_ Pdoa” and “ex_ 02h_ simple_ rx_ Pdoa” code test, the data output is not ideal, the angle drift is large, and the angle output jumps at ± 30 degrees when the tag(DWM3000) does not move. Do you have any good suggestions?Thanks.

1 Like

Not resolved yet
:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

是的 还没有解决 [quote=“petersun, post:2, topic:11003, full:true”]
Not resolved yet
:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
[/quote]

:sweat_smile: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It depends on signal group delay of two antennas. Basically, a time deviation of 1ps will lead to an angle deviation of 2 degrees.

most-likely your AoA antenna is not good. looks you tried to “copy” it from another Decawave design, but they have a special stack-up if you did not follow, it would not work. I would recommend to cut this PCB, solder SMA and connect the original AoA antenna for understandings.

hi alliv,
Thanks,I changed the antenna,but The problem remains.any other idea?

Thanks,I changed the antenna,but The problem remains.any other idea?

Has your problem been resolved?

Not yet. Do you have a good idea ?

What is the distance between antennas? Recommended value is 0.45 x wavelength for the desired channel center frequency to cover 180 degrees.
Did you calibrate antenna delays and PDoA offsets? Please check APS312 Production Tests for DW3000-Based Products on Qorvo Website.

Hi, petersun
How did you get the DWM3220 IC

The datasheet for this antenna shows a stub region at the top of the evaluation board. For a 2 antenna array those stubs should probably not be connected, it looks like they are in your photo. You can try cutting the strip at the top like so:

hi, Matthias,Thank you. I’ll try.

Hi,Malan
mouser or digikey

Hi ,
I think this is due to the long Line between the chip and the antenna.
I used " https://www.mouser.de/ProductDetail/Molex/211996-0100?qs=%2Fha2pyFadug3cq4YfQMfXILxjDfLKGsXIrEBdakTb8aGvh1T8c103A%3D%3D" as an antenna. You have to place the jack directly on the DW3220 as short as possible.
Is your Tag low-power?

Dw3220 can use dw1000 of tag to do PDOA positioning?

A DW3220 can measure the PDoA of a packet transmitted from a DW1000 assuming they were both configured correctly to allow the systems to communicate with each other.

edit- or maybe not since the DW1000 doesn’t support the options the DW3000 needs for PDoA. They can talk but you can’t do PDoA.

Dw3220 of pdoa mode requires STS frame mode for p measurement, but DW1000 does not support it. How to set dw3220 configuration

Good point. You can get the phase of arrival on a non STS frame for the first antenna but not for the second.

Which since the DW1000 doesn’t support STS means you need to use a DW3000 for the transmitter.

Seems like a bit of a backwards step since you could do PDoA on the DW1000 by using two receivers which means it’s clearly possible to do without STS.

Yes, the DW1000 pDOA for Decawace and the DW3000 PDOA are not compatible, which is a step backwards。