DWM1001-DEV - Accessing Location Data From Gateway

Hi everyone,

I am looking into purchasing the DWM1001-DEV kit, but I want to confirm that it is compatible with my setup before I get them.

My application needs the real-time location data to be used by a Python code. I have researched the possible ways to do this and thought the Raspberry Pi gateway setup would be the best option. I am wondering if it is possible to access the location data of all the tags on the Pi directly, and if so, where it can be accessed. I saw that the location data can be viewed on the Web Manager through the gateway setup, but I didn’t know if that data can be accessed on the Pi through the terminal.

Thanks,

Ivan

Hi @langer02
yes you can access the location data directly on the RPi gateway by subscribing to related MQTT topics.

Please see the related documentation here https://www.decawave.com/product/mdek1001-deployment-kit/ ( check “DWM1001, DW10001-DEV and MDEK1001 Documents, Source Code, Android Application & Firmware Image”).

Note that Raspberry Pi 3B is only supported as UWB gateway.

Cheers,
JK

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I will check out the documentation to determine how this is done.

Regards,
Ivan

Hi @leapslabs,

Through the MQTT topic, is it possible to get a list/string containing all of the tag data at once? The gateway deployment guide shows individual tag locations when subscribing to the topic.

Thanks
Ivan

Hi @langer02,

You can use wildcard to subscribe to all nodes. In PANS it is not possible to subscribe only to Tags or only to Anchors but you can sort them out based on config topic.

Please refer to the documentation of PANS and the MQTT library you use for more information.

Cheers,
TDK

1 Like