DWM1001 Gateway Quick Deployment -- Kernel Panic

I followed the instructions from the quick deployment guide and, with one exception, was able to get the gateway up and running. While I don’t have any anchors and tags setup yet, I was also able to connect to the gateway from Chrome. The exception, prior to the first boot of the R3B from a freshly flashed 16GB SD, I installed the DWM1001 onto the R3B and on boot got the Kernel Panic. I removed the DWM1001, successfully booted the R3B, powered it down, installed the DWM1001, and re-booted the R3B. All good.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the feedback, I have never experienced kernel panic, could the issue be due to the fact you have updated the kernel on the raspberry pi ? The kernel should no be updated on the image we provide or it may introduces some bugs indeed (at least at the gateway application level, if not at the os level)

Cheers
Yves

Force of habit. Upon initial boot, I did indeed run sudo apt-get update. Should I reflash the SD? It appears to be working now, but I haven’t added the anchors and tags to the network yet.

Hi Mark,

Yes I would recommend re-flashing the SD card to be sure there will be no issue. The kernel panic could we be linked to the kernel update.

Thanks
Yves