DWM1001 Raspberry Pi Model 4 Gateway?

Hello,

I understood that only the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B is currently supported as a gateway and that Model 3B+ can also work only if the Ethernet is disabled. How about the Raspberry Pi Model 4? Will it similarly work if we disable the Ethernet module or are there any other caveats? I cannot buy Model 3 anymore on any website, so I must make it work with something else…

Thank you!

1 Like

This is the same issue for me.

+1 this topic!
Thanks

Hello all. Any clue on this?
Someone tryied Raspberry 4 as gateway?

Thanks

Any update on this topic. My application will need to be run on Raspberry Pi4 and Im finding a way to implement with DMW1001-Dev

Hi @meomap887
unfortunately Raspberry Pi 4 is not supported. As noted before the 1Gbit interface (started with 3B+) is no go for needed kernel precise timing for UWB.

Cheers
JK

So in this case I must use the Pi3B+ but I have another Pi4 using as the main controller of the robot. Can we use Pi3+ as a data collector and transfer it to Pi4 as the main controller unit? Sorry I can not find any key term related to this problem.

Hi @meomap887
the RPi3B+ could be used but with disabled ethernet interface! Once the ethernet interface is running then the kernel module will not work correctly.

Cheers
JK

It seems it is possible to hack it in a way as described in this thread:

Though it works only for relaying the position data, without IoT data.