DWM1001c UART shell/generic problem, gateway

Hi,
I have some problem with UART on DWM1001c PANS2. I communicate with dwm via UART but. I have some question/problem:

1. When I upload dwm1001_dwm-simple.hex i can communicate in SHELL mode but can’t in generic mode. I send eg. dwm_gpio_cfg_output(DWM_GPIO_IDX_13, 1) ,on RX I get nothing neither output don’t set.
  2. So I add dwm_serial_uart_compile() and upload. I can communicate in generic mode but when try to enter SHELL mode i get in hex 0x40 0x01 0x01 ( @ SOH SOH). This also occure when i upload DWM1001_PANS_R2.0.hex. So I can use GENERIC or SHELL mode depends of what i upload to nRF. This is my main problem. Maybe somebody have similar problem?
  3. Is it some an example of bit configuration for a structure dwm_cfg_anchor to get Gateway/Bridge ? I should set bridge=1 and uwb_mode=ACTIVE ? Can it be uwb_mode=PASSIV ?
  4. Any command to get status of bluetooth and turn it on/off (SHELL) ?
  5. It is possible to turn on SFDLED ?

Hi,

When saying Generic mode you probably refer to the UART API mode. That’s because the dwm-simple program does not compile UART API. You need to add dwm_serial_uart_compile.

That is correct behavior. You need to double enter within 1 s to switch from the UART API to Shell. To switch back you can use ‘quit’ command.

Any node with uwb_mode=PASSIVE behaves as a Listener. Using dwm_cfg_anchor you can switch to bridge mode by setting a flag. Please refer to the API documentation.

There is no such command.

I am not sure what do you mean with SFDLED, but it is possible to enable/disable usage of the TX/RX and RGB LEDS on the DWM1001-DEV. When disabled, the DWM1001 will not drive those GPIOs.

Cheers,
TDK

Hi,

Thank you for replay. I will back to code in nearly future and check your sugestion.

Main problem in this situation was that when I add dwm_serial_uart_compile() i can’t get to shell mode when I double enter i get “@ SOH SOH” not “>dwm”.

Cheers

Hi,
I checked some options and i can’t get uart GENERIC and SHELL work together. It should work like this:
-double enter, enter the shell mode
-quit , quit shell mode and use GENERIC mode

And it did’t work like this, when I compille project with dwm_shell_compile() I can access to shell mode but when I quit I get wrong values of variable in GENERIC mode. When I add dwm_serial_uart_compile(); I get right value in GENERIC but can’t access to SHELL mode. It is strange behavior and It shuoldn’t work like this.

I solve the problem: when using dwm_shell_compile and dwm_serial_uart_compile toghether you must start with generic mode (TLV) and next go to shell by sending ENTER until it enter the shell mode (you will recive 0x40 0x01 0x01 if DWM do not enter shell mode). Maybe DWM send error when they power up and can’t get to SHELL mode too quick, don’t know.

Topic to close.

Hi,

just some last notes. This is correct behavior. After the reset the module is by default in UART TLV API mode. There double enter must come within 1s between each other else it would consider the input as a TLV command.

Cheers,
TDK