DWM1004C TDoA Tags

I just read the product brief of DWM1004C and the “target applications” show four anchors conected by ethernet to a hub. For tests purposes, this can be done with four DWM1004-ES connected to sbc’s? Decawave provide any software and examples for this? I read in another post that this device will not operate on PANS 2, that means that they have another firmware provided by Decawave or we must design our own firmware?

Within this topology, where the location engine runs? On a server?

Where I can get these responses? The Decawave team has allways answered my topics very quickly but I’m having trouble trying to get informations on the new module. The product brief and datasheet are quite incomplete. Any plans on updating them?

The DWM1004C is a TDoA Tag module. The diagram in the Product Brief depicts a complete TDoA system that includes Anchors, Tags (DWM1004C), Ethernet Hub and a PC running the Central location engine.

With the Decawave DWM1004C offering we are providing customers a low cost TDoA tag for their TDoA systems.

DWM1004-ES allows easy development of software for the DWM1004C module. The carrier board has a Segger J-Link OBfor example that supports SWD debug, flash programming and also a VCOM port.

Software and documents are all on this page - https://www.decawave.com/product/dwm1004-module/

DWM1004C Mass production is planned for Q4/19

@Kenneth_Dwyer_DW, thank you for your answers.

It still not clear to me what are the anchors mentioned on the product brief. A new model of anchor will be release (with PoE)? Or the DWM1004C is just tags to be used with the TTK1000 kit?

Can I use some DWM1001 as anchors with some DWM1004 tags for a TDoA system? Decawave will provide source code for this scenario? I understand that DWM1001 have its antenna optmized for channel 5 and the DWM1004 can work on CH2 and CH5, I believe in this scenario we’ll have to use CH5, I’m correct?

The TTK1000 kit is very expensive considerating the importation fees and taxes, but we would like to test TDoA system with these tags. If we buy some pieces for test, how can we get a similiar working system as MDEK1001? Hardware and software wise?

About the SW1201, how can we get it? It’ll come with DWM1004C?

Thanks in advance

See below

It still not clear to me what are the anchors mentioned on the product brief. A new model of anchor will be release (with PoE)? Or the DWM1004C is just tags to be used with the TTK1000 kit?
[KD] The Product Brief diagram represents a complete TDoA system in which the DWM1004C Tag could be used.

Can I use some DWM1001 as anchors with some DWM1004 tags for a TDoA system? Decawave will provide source code for this scenario? I understand that DWM1001 have its antenna optmized for channel 5 and the DWM1004 can work on CH2 and CH5, I believe in this scenario we’ll have to use CH5, I’m correct?
[KD] DWM1001 is a module that can work as a CH5 only Tag/Anchor if used with the PANS software stack. DWM1004C will not run the PANS Stack. PANS is a TWR scheme, entirely different to the TDoA scheme. Have you researched what TDoA is?

The TTK1000 kit is very expensive considerating the importation fees and taxes, but we would like to test TDoA system with these tags. If we buy some pieces for test, how can we get a similiar working system as MDEK1001? Hardware and software wise?
[KD] The TTK1000 hardware is not expensive what makes up for the cost is the Central Location Engine and the software IP within that makes the entire system operate.

About the SW1201, how can we get it? It’ll come with DWM1004C?
**[KD] SW1201 is the software portion of the TTK1000. It is not available standalone.

Kenneth,

I appreciate your answers but I believe that I didn’t make my questions clear enough. I understood that the diagram on the product brief represents a complete TDoA system and Decawave sells the TTK1000 as a complete TDoA solution. I’m having trouble to understand if Decawave sells (or have plans to sell) anchors for a TDoA solution apart from the TTK1000 solution.

We already have a working TWR solution using DWM1001, based on PANS2 but with a custom location engine. We want to test a different solution using TDoA. We’ll use the released DWM1004 as tags. For the anchors, we understand that we have two options:

1. Buy the TTK1000 kit, a out-of-the-box solution provided by Decawave.
  2. Build our own TDoA anchors and firmware.

Can you confirm if there is any other possibility that we are missing?

For the second case, can we use the DWM1001 with another firmware (not PANS) to act like anchors as both DWM1001 and DWM1004 can operate on channel 5?

Will Decawave provide any firmware like PANS, but for a TDoA system to be use with DWM1004 anchors?

Besides 1 and 2, an other option is to go to one our partners for a turnkey solution.

DWM1001 is not suitable as a TDoA anchor. We have found that using a TXCO is required in the system to for precise synchronization, the DWM1001 does not use TXCO it uses a Xtal.

The DWM1004 will work in most or all TDoA systems. The firmware is simple, in most cases the Tag will just blink (transmit) periodically.