DWS3000 Arduino shield with Arduino UNO

Hi all! I have been working hard at porting the DWM3000 raspberry Pi library to work with an atmega328p on the Arduino UNO using Microchip studio. I have been able to get SPI communication working and successfully get the simple RX and simple TX examples to work fully. However, I have been unable to get the ranging TWR-initiator and -responder examples to work. They hang up halfway through and am stumped on what to do next.

I have attached my Microchip GitHub project in its entirety so it can be easily opened and built. If anyone that is much smarter in C and these modules can help guide me in the right direction I would be eternally grateful.

Hey man, sorry I’m this late to the party. I’ve been breaking my head over the same portation when I tried to portate the DWM1000EVB-Code to the UNO. Since I was very busy the last half year, I froze my work on that and here you are! Maybe we can make your portation work properly! I have over 10 years of C/C++ experience and work mainly very hardware related, so I’m confident to make this work. Are you able to make a proper Arduino library out of your code? It would be much appreciated since it makes the initial configuration so much more relatable and easy.

Hi, I am also interested in the DWM3000 Arduino Shield.

I was wondering if you got it to work on the Arduino UNO, and if so would you mind sharing the code or how you manage to use the device?
Thank you so much for the help
Thomas

One thing you could try is using a debugger to step through the code and see where it’s getting stuck. This can help you identify the specific line of code or operation that’s causing the issue.

You may also want to verify that you have the correct connections between your Raspberry Pi and your atmega328p, and that you have configured the hardware and software correctly for communication between the two devices. Make sure you have set the appropriate pin modes and that you are using the correct SPI mode and clock frequency.

It’s also a good idea to double-check that you have the latest version of the DWM3000 library and that you have correctly installed and imported it into your project.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or if you need further assistance.