Expected range between anchors not achieved

dwm1001

I’m using four DWM1001-DEV boards outdoors, three as anchors and one as a tag. My anchors are all 2 meters off the ground, in line of sight of one another, and configured as active. When I use auto positioning everything works as expected provided my beacons (shaped in an L pattern) are less than 7 meter apart. Anything farther and auto positioning fails. According to the DWM1001 System Overview document: “For improved performance, it is recommended to space anchors 20 to 25 meters apart when placed in a square grid.” Is there some setting I am missing that allows for this increased range? I upgraded the firmware on all the devices and searched the settings but found nothing relevant. I should also mention there is no metal near the anchors.

Kent

0 Likes

Hi Kent,

Are you running auto-positioning from the android device ?

In this case the range limitation will come from the BLE I believe. Note that the auto-positioning feature is not recommended for large scale setup. In that case we would recommend to calculate anchors coordinates from a floorplan and to configure the anchors manually.

Thanks
Yves

0 Likes

Hi Kent,

please check also that you are using PAND Release 2.

Cheers,
TDK

0 Likes