Gateway to MDEK1001 with another board (without Raspberry)

Hello!

I´m trying to make a gateway with another board (an A20-OLinuXino-Lime2) and pass from Raspberry PI 3. In page 13 of the DWM1001_System_Overview of 2018, i saw that the Gateway uses a DWM-Daemon and DWM-proxy. inside the Raspberry, in /usr/local/bin, i saw the DWM-Daemon and the DWM-proxy, but i cant execute it in my linux.

Any one have any idea of how to make a Gateway with another board or what would be the steps?

Hi,

there is a short explanation of how the gateway function works: 10 000 m² area to cover with RTLS web manager also

The DWM Kernel Module is a very important component which control the data flow from/to the DWM1001. It runs as a Kernel Module to guarantee strict timing which the UWB network requires. You cannot easily move to another platform unless all these components would be ported:

1. DWM Kernel Module
  2. DWM Daemon
  3. DWM Proxy

Cheers,
TDK

Are you saying that, if i move this components to another board, i can make a new gateway? I had forget the DWM Kernel Module and found it at /dev/dwm0 (instructions in page 13 of DWM1001_System_Overview of 2018)

Hi,

yes, that should be possible but it requires very deep knowledge of Linux Kernel module development and the PANS, especially in the DWM Kernel Module due to very strict timing.

Cheers,
TDK

Hello,

Would that really be possible though ? I thought that the dwm_backhaul_xfer SPI function was sending “opaque” data, of which we don’t have the specifications. So is that really possible to move these to another board ?

François

Hi Francois,

yes, that should be possible. Lacking of documentation is problem as you said.

Cheers,
TDK

Documentation aside, we would like to port all of the mentioned components, however we did not find source code for them.

I kindly request @leapslabs to share the source code for these:
1. DWM Kernel Module
2. DWM Daemon
3. DWM Proxy