How to program or get angle of arrival from dwm3000evb to iphone11 or other dwm3000evb

Some of the information I know:
dwm3000evb used dw3110, only 1 antenna, is not supported by the AOA, can only be used for tag.
dw3120, support 2 antennas, it can be used as a node, support AOA function, should support 2D AOA.
To achieve 3D positioning like the iPhone, you should need 3 antennas.
decawave used 2 dw1000, to achieve pdoa function, maybe you can also use two dw3120, to achieve 3D position.
Also, I saw that NXP’s SR150 UWB chip, which supports 3 antennas, is capable of 3D AOA position, I don’t know if it’s appropriate to post this message here, if there is a problem, I’ll delete it.

1 Like

great!! :ok_man: :raising_hand_man: :slightly_smiling_face:

1. as you said -->decawave used 2 dw1000, to achieve pdoa function, maybe you can also use two dw3120, to achieve 3D position.
    by specification of dw3120 ,yes ,dw3120 has 2 antennas , i try to find out how it look about 2 antennas , i never saw the photo of 2 antennas on the documentation DW3120 - Qorvo , Qorvo wrote on the dw3120 specification → * Two antenna ports allows Phase Difference of Arrival implementation with a single chip , i try to find the photo of 2 antennas , how it look ?? you know it ? where is it ?? :thinking:

2.do i need to make / customize 3 antennas ? :thinking: because qorvo does not provide the external 3 antennas ,so where to find it ? :face_with_monocle:

1. do you have idea to design 3 antennas ? :thinking:

2. where is the software library API support 3 antennas ? Qorvo has it in DWS3000 API Software and API Guide ? :face_with_monocle: :thinking: i as because i do not see it :sweat_smile: :man_facepalming:

3. yes , i saw the SR150 trimension from NXP is capable to support 3 antennas
    Please let me know :pleading_face:

1.DW3000 Datasheet,page 9,RF2 and RF1 pin Description;

2.Using DW3000 series single chip, there is no way to use 3 antennas to achieve 3D AOA, physical antenna interface up to 2;
3.decawave use 2 pieces of dw1000, clock synchronization, then the antenna design for ch5 half wavelength pitch, to achieve pdoa function, I guess, can also use 2 pieces of dw3120, to achieve 3D AOA, only personal guess, I don’t know how difficult to achieve, need mathematical theory support;
4.no have support for 3 antennas document.

1 Like

sound as more harder to do that :disappointed_relieved:
and also there is no support of code /software library api for 3 antennas :confused: so how to code / program it ?? :thinking: , no idea :roll_eyes:

Don’t worry about it,step by step, first with dw3120 to achieve 2D AOA, some day decawave will launch one 3D AOA chip.

1 Like

:ok_man: :ok_man: :slightly_smiling_face:thanks , we positively think and hope about what you said and wish :raising_hand_man: :pray:
one day , Decawave will launch one 3D AOA chip.,with the full set of library ,software code and API for that ,
however → Please Decawave hurry up :facepunch: :fist: :v: :running_man: :running_man: :running_man: , to lauch one 3D AOA chip , in affordable price , cheap :pleading_face: as the same price as current Qorvo DWM3000EVB or cheaper :sweat_smile:, (not so high price as some from NXP currently is a bit expensive :disappointed_relieved: :pleading_face:

Many Developers are waiting for it ( Qorvo → one 3D AOA chip with full set of library ,software code and API, and support)
:ok_man: :slightly_smiling_face: :pray:
Qorvo → one 3D AOA chip

How? The same way you use any chip without suitable drivers, you read the user manual for the chip and write the firmware to make it do what you want. I use the DW1000 without ever looking at the code / api library for the part. I read the documentation and wrote my own driver that was optimised for exactly what I wanted to do.

Admittedly this looks harder to be a little harder to do on the DW3000, mainly because the user manual is incomplete or just plain wrong in places. In several places the user manual tells you to see the API for details of how to do something. The API for those sections then sets registers to values that the manual says are invalid or sets the value for registers that the manual says don’t exist.

1 Like

YES ,THANKS , I AGREED IT AS YOU SAID :ok_man: :slightly_smiling_face: , IT IS MORE HARDER FOR DW3000 , however → for 3 antennas now ,there currently is NO Qorvo → one 3D AOA chip :disappointed_relieved:, so i think , i have to wait for it until Qorvo launch that Qorvo → one 3D AOA chip with 3 antennas then i can test and code it as your recommendation :slightly_smiling_face:
hopefully ,one day , Qorvo/Decawave will launch one 3D AOA chip , with the full, complete, valid set of library ,software code and API for that :pleading_face: :pray: