How to tune Antenna Delay in DWM1001 Modules

Hi,

I am trying TWR example with two DWM1001 Modules. I am getting linear error in the distance measurement.
Example, Actual 1 m. is measured 1.37 m. I read in the code and document that says need to tune Antenna delay.
I tried to change values in the below code.
/* Default antenna delay values for 64 MHz PRF.*/
#define TX_ANT_DLY 16456
#define RX_ANT_DLY 16456

Nothing changed. Is their any thing I am missing here.

Thanks,
Nav

Hi Nav,

Changing the antenna delay of initiator/responder should definitely have a direct impact on the calculated distance.

Which value have you tried ?

Thanks
Yves

Hello Yves,

I tried changing only Initiators delay in the code. Below #defines i tried to change in the code.
#define TX_ANT_DLY 16456
#define RX_ANT_DLY 16456

No effect. Typically, what is the way to tune Antenna delay and write them in OTP.

Thanks,
Nav

Hi Nav,

if your module is DWM1001 then it should already contain the antenna delay calibration in OTP from the production.

You only need to read it out and then apply it (if you don’t use PANS). Please keep in mind the calibration has been done for the radio settings which is used in PANS. If you use other radio settings it is likely you will need to do a new calibration for those settings.

Cheers,
TDK

Thanks for the clarifications.

Cheers,
Nav

@leapslabs @nav I was trying the TWR example with two DWM1001 Dev Boards.
I tried to calibrate the antenna delay values by changing the following values in the code:
define TX_ANT_DLY 16456
define RX_ANT_DLY 16456

Does this mean that I have now rewritten the value that contained the antenna delay calibration in OTP at production? Or can I still recover the OTP stored value and use that value to calibrate my code?

If it is still possible to retrieve the original antenna delay calibration value in OTP, how do I do it?