iPhone 11 now has uwb

thanks :slight_smile: ,before going to read the link on your response , i found one problem
when i try to download [[your link to register user info before download the software]]DWM3000EVB - Qorvo your link which require to fill the user info to the form , so after i filled it , THEY REJECT ME AND NOTIFY IN PROMPT MESSAGE LIKE THIS —>
We’re Sorry

We cannot accept a request for this software download from your e-mail domain.
i use the outlook.com , they still reject me to download , I AM SO SAD :pleading_face::disappointed_relieved: ,I DO NOT KNOW WHY THEY REJECT ME TO DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE ?:thinking::disappointed_relieved:
how to fill the form or required email in order to be able to download the software ?

based on “explore nearby third party accessories” api documentation (https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2021/10165/) we able to retrieve distances and directions, but there nothing mentioned about location(x,y,z) in space, and how we can connect to uwb network of several anchors to get precise localization data.

I went through all the provided chips by Qorvo (UWB Solutions Compatible with Apple’s U1 Chip - Qorvo), could not found much information about such topic, but what really attracted me is the opening sentence “Qorvo UWB solutions enable developers to evaluate new user experiences based on location, distance and direction.”

So, is DWM3000 able to send localisation data or how should be ?!

i already downloaded the source code from your mentioned link DWM3000EVB - Qorvo ]
i have arduino uno and nrf52840 dk in my hand now , i am new for all of this , please let me know
1.–> which board do you recommend me to use with dwm3000evb to test with downloading code from link above ?
2.–> which ide ( arduino ide or segger embedded studio ide) do you recommend me to use to mount with dwm3000evb and test the downloading code to measure the distance between iphone11 and dwm3000evb?

Hi all,
Based on “explore nearby third party accessories” api documentation, we are able to retrieve distances and directions from third party accessory, but they did mention nothing about location(x,y,z) in space, and how we can connect to uwb network of several anchors to get precise localization data.

I am using window10 (64 bit) and already install the “J-Link Software and Documentation pack ide as the Qorvo doc guideline that i downloaded from Qorvo( DW3000 Nearby Interaction QSG , https://store.qorvo.com/products/detail/dwm3000evb-qorvo/686020/ ) in order to test nearby interaction between the DWM3000EVB attach with nRF52840DK and iPhone11
AND i am trying to upload the binary file that provide by Qorvo source code to the SEGGER J-Flash Lite application ( IDE ) but i got error
Selected file: F:\qorvo\Qorvo_Apple_Nearby_Interaction_Beta_release_1.0.0_web\Binaries\nRF52840DK\NRF52840DK_full.hex
Conecting to J-Link…
ERROR: Cannot connect to J-Link.
Done.
regarding by following the documentation from Qorvo download( DW3000 Nearby Interaction QSG ) after selecting the binary file (NRF52840DK_full.hex) from Qorvo then click the program device button then

it ask me to fill the Identifier , so i do not know how to fill it or choose the connection method , so i left it default and click yes button then it prompt me error as i shown you

HOW TO FIX IT IN ORDER TO BE ABLE TO UPLOAD THE BINARY FILE FROM QORVO binaries folder ?:thinking:

The SEGGER J-Flash Lite application ( IDE ) ask me to fill the blank in identifier or choose the connetion method
error_3

HOW TO FIX IT OR FILL THE IDENTIFIER BLANK IN ORDER TO BE ABLE TO UPLOAD THE BINARY FILE FROM QORVO binaries folder ? :thinking:

I start reading the README.MD file after downloading the software from the link DWM3000EVB - Qorvo
in README.MD file explain the docs (documentations ) folder must contain 3 items
1.-Quick Start Guide
2.- Extended iOS application Quick Start Guide
3.- Qorvo Nearby Interaction Demo Video
so i got only 2 items from the top , ** THERE IS NO ITEM 3.- Qorvo Nearby Interaction Demo Video **
WHERE SHOULD I FIND OR GET ITEM 3.- Qorvo Nearby Interaction Demo Video ?
PLEASE LET ME KNOW

dw3110 has one antenna port , as its specification
what is the shape or type of dw3110 ?
because in the specification does not mention the type of the antenna , do you know it ?
***** in order to make angular measurement or angle of arrival***
is it a single omni directional rotatable antenna ? or antenna array on dw3110 ?

The antenna used is from Partron, supporting CH5 and CH9. The DW3110 does not support dual RF ports. The NI AoA is calculated on the iPhone side.

1 Like

UNDERSTOOD , YOUR ANSWER :wink:, BUT WHY I SAW This → +/-5 degrees for angular measurement → on the specification of dw3110
take a look at the photo 3 below at the highlight :face_with_monocle:

regarding to the photo3 above
will it be possible to get angular measurement or angle of arrival ON THE SIDE OF dw3110 , right ?? :thinking:

i already download the link( DWM3000EVB - Qorvo ),so how you get or download this QORVO NI DEMO app inside the link ?? :thinking: , i tried it , but i could not find it :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

UNDERSTOOD , YOUR ANSWER :wink:, BUT WHY I SAW This → +/-5 degrees for angular measurement → on the specification of dw3110
take a look at the photo 3 below at the highlight :face_with_monocle:

regarding to the photo3 above
will it be possible to get angular measurement or angle of arrival ON THE SIDE OF dw3110 , right ?? :thinking:

1 Like

Hi Matthew!
Did you get past this? I get this error when J-Tag is not connected (or maybe the board is not powered).
If you are using Windows, go to “Device Manager” and check “Ports (COM & LPT)”, it should have a device “JLink CDC Uart Port (COMn)”, if not, try to check your cables/connections and power supply, until the device shows up.

1 Like

Yes , i am using window 10 ( 64 bit ) , thanks for let me know :pray: :slightly_smiling_face: :v:

1 Like

I am trying to find the Qorvo NI demo app from app store :thinking: :face_with_monocle: ( i have ios 15 beta 7 updated on iphone 11 ) , using window 10 ( 64 bit )
i already read all of DW3000 Nearby Interaction QSG , check out!! , there are two apps :v:, one i can download the code from Apple Developer Documentation
in the Apple NI documentation , YES , I DID :wink: , i found it and test the app , in the “DW3000 Nearby Interaction QSG” , i meant i tested the black color of background app as the attach photo below
but that first app , i mention , it will not be able to displayed the angle and Qorvo logo on the top , and black default background color and is not same as the second app , as my previous message

different

regarding to the photo above ,you can see the black color and white color from 2 apps, both apps are different !! :wink: , i got the black color of background app from “DW3000 Nearby Interaction QSG” , :wink: but for the white color of background app as photo above , i could not find it !!! :thinking: that why i ask you, the second app in the blue highlight ,that i could not find it in the App store as the mention , is the Qorvo NI demo in the previous photo , regarding to the photo above, how you get it ? :thinking:
where

i also could not find the blue highlight —> Qorvo Nearby Interaction Demo Video in the “DW3000 Nearby Interaction QSG” where is it ?

**Please let me know ** :pleading_face:

1 Like

Hi Matthew! Depending on the role of the FiRa device, AoA info can be requested from the iOS device, but iOS can also reject the request. I’m going to experiment with iOS today and tomorrow, when I have more info, I’ll come back here.

1 Like

thanks , for your response :slightly_smiling_face: , i am trying to get the angular measurement or angle of arrival IN THE DWM3000EVB SIDE , TOO :face_with_monocle: , i just want to display the Angle on the the monitoring screen of jlinkrttviewer as the attach photo below ,at highlight ,

but there is no angle display on the attach photo above :disappointed_relieved: ,
do you know how to code or display the angle on the monitoring screen of jlinkrttviewer ?? :thinking:

Hello @matthew_gohen , my guess would be that it’s not possible unfortunately.
As you can see below in the results structure the distance_mm value is stored but not the angle.

And I think that this variable (results) is stored using fira_helper_parse_ranging_report() function which is a part of a static library.

2 Likes

great :hugs: thanks , i have noticed it

me too, how did you solve it?