Locating a gateway automatically?

Hi everyone,

I have two questions please:

1. Is there a way to determine the actual location of a gateway automatically? In my purposed application there could be many gateways throughout an installation, and I would like to show the location of all the gateways on a floorplan and if I move a gateway it can be reflected on the floorplan automatically. I can do all this manually but it would be better if I could obtain the coordinates automatically.

2. Would an aluminium case be okay to hold the gateway or would this have an adverse effect on the signal?

Many thanks,

Sunny

Hi @Sunny

re 1) Unfortunately this is not possible. Only the one way would be disable the kernel module for a while and switch the gateway to the TAG Node - sample position and switch it back to gateway mode.

re 2) Aluminium case would block the signal, it would not work. Use plastics materials only.

Cheers
JK

Hi JK,

Thank you for your response.

Please could you tell me how would I go about disabling the kernel module and then switch the gateway to TAG node? Is this something quite easy to do? Some pointers would be really helpful.

Thanks

Sunny

Hi @Sunny

regarding the kernel module - check this: How to Load and Unload Kernel Modules in Linux if I recall it correctly then the module name for PANS is called dwm - but double check that with lsmod.

regarding switching mode - you can do it via Shell or via UART binary API.

Cheers
JK

Thanks JK for your reply.