MDEK1001 Quality score for single anchor

Hi all,

I’m using USB port communication with the MDEK1001, obtaining distances from 1 or 2 anchors. [color=#111111][size=small][font=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif]R[/font][/size][/color][color=#111111][size=small][font=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif]eading the user manual, I cannot find a feature to read a quality/confidence level for communication with each anchor individually. I understand that if using 4 anchors, a position quality score is calculated, this is not what I want.[/font][/size][/color]

I am interested in filtering out low quality reading, such as when the line of sight is obstructed.
What are my options?

Thanks!

Hi Joe,

PANS provides quality factor only relative to the position calculated by the location engine. It does not provide any quality information regarding the individual ranges between tag and anchors.

Depending on your final goal, you could develop a custom firmware and study the accumulator data to see if you can detect a NLOS situation. But you will lose the software stack provided by PANS. It is not possible to extract the accumulator data within PANS.

Thank you,
Regards
Yves

1 Like

Hi Yves,
Thanks for the info!