Need suggestion regarding Decawave software

Hi

Anyone, please help me out with this question.

Is the source code which I can get upon purchase of EVK1000/TREK1000 kits is same as what is available for download through github or decawave website? If yes, then i don’t see any reason why I should go with EVK1000/TREK1000 kits unless an extra source code comes along only upon purchase of these kits. So, if there is no extra code coming along with these kits, then I can just go-ahead with couple of DWM1000 and use the online code repository available for the RTLS algorithms.

Regards
Asmita

Hi Asmita

DWM1000 is a RF only module, it does not have a MCU.
For a good RTLS starting point, have you considered MDEK?

Ken

Thanks Ken

I checked for MDEK, in this only binary files are being provided by decawave , I want to get support on software side- source code.

I also have one query that since nRF MCU is used in it, it has max SPI cloc is 8 MHz but that of DW1000 is max 20 MHz SPI clock, though it would work, but I wonder would there be some limitations in case DW1000 requires SPI more than 8 MHz?

Asmita,

It all depends on what you want to achieve! Maybe you can elaborate on what you want to do and we can give better advice/feedback.

MDEK is a complete RTLS system, the PANS Stack is supplied in library format but there is flexibility to add user code and to customize the final application. 8MHz is sufficient in this case. Having a faster SPI will help with more demanding applications but is not always needed.

Thanks
Ken

Thanks, I want to for use for asset tracking at current stage , then at later stage to expand its application for navigation and geo-fencing.

Thanks

Regards
Asmita