No "recovery" file found in "dwm/examples/dwm-simple"

In the DWM1001 Firmware User Guide when trying to Flash the DWM1001C with Factory Image using the provided VM tools (3.3.2), at final step (7), I guess I’m supposed to open the terminal in the Ubuntu VM image, and enter:

1 - cd ~/Documents/dwm/examples/dwm-simple
2 - make recover

Point number two gives me this error: make: *** No rule to make target ‘recover’. Stop.
If I make “ls” in “dwm/examples/dwm-simple” there is no “recovery” file or whatsoever. What should I do?

Thanks

There’s actually a “recovery” folder inside the “dwm/” but not inside the “dwm/examples/dwm-simple”. Should I apply the “make recover” in “cd ~/Documents/dwm/recovery” instead? I don’t really understand this step.

The VM environment was kind of deprecated for a segger embedded studio project.

You can open the make file and see what is associated to the recover rule. It sounds like it is not defined, but it should.

Let us know how it goes,
Yves

Thanks, but what do you mean that the VM environment was kind of deprecated for a segger project? In the “Firmware User Guide” to develop C Code on the DWM1001 it’s all about the VM environment and the Eclipse in it. I just want to program the DWM1001 module ASAP, should I better follow another option? The only parameter for me is kick-off the programming ASAP to add logic for my specific appliance.

I’m referring to the C Code option. A part from the VM is there another way?

Helloe guillemba,

I think you may not be using the last version of the firmware() user guide document. In the last version, it is specified that the virtual box environment was deprecated.

DWM1001-Firmware-User-Guide.pdf (1.6 MB)

The new recommended environment is to use segger embedded studio which has a free license when using nrf52832 mcu, the one used in DWM1001.

Hope it helps,
Yves