Not able to get into DWM state

So, am using DWM along with raspberry pi.

After connecting the pins, when I try sudo picocom -b 115200 /dev/serial0 , 1 out of 10 times, am able to get into dwm, but most of the time, it get’s stuck with Terminal Ready state. Pressing enter twice within 1 sec, doesn’t work. I have 10 tags and 2 listener in the vicinity.

One works, and other doesn’t. Other doesn’t. Am I missing something?

Hi Driftking,

Are you definitely using 115200 8N1 configuration ?

I usually use minicom and it works alright.

Minicom -D /dev/serial0

Let me know how it goes,
Thanks
Yves

Hi Yves,

I generally use sudo picocom -b 115200 /dev/serial0 to get into dwm, but more often or not, it just hangs. I mean, it just won’t get into dwm mode where I can pass commands.

Now I tried the minicom thing which you mentioned, but I guess this is also not working, attaching a screenshot for the same. (Even pressing enter twice doesn’t do anything.)

Hi Driftking,

can you please check a couple of things:

1. If the connector of the DevBoard is correctly soldered and connected to the Raspberry?
  2. That the DWM1001 on the DevBoard is correctly reflashed with the Release 2 binaries.
  3. That you are using the Raspberry PI image delivered with the Release 2.
  4. That the minicom settings are correct: Ctrl+Z O -> Serial Port Setup - you should see 115200 8N1, Hardware flow No, Software flow No.

We do not see a such issue here so I suspect it would be some of the issue above.

Cheers,
TDK

Did you solve this problem? I am encountering the same thing. It is typical for anchors. For tags, there is no problems like this.