Programming of DWM1001 module on development board

As per I understood, STM32 controller on the development board is used to program and debug nordaic controller of DWM1001 module. For this, serial wire debug is used but I am not getting how SWCLK and SWDIO pins of nordaic controller connected to stm32. they are not connected directly to SWCLK and SWDIO of stm controller. Someone please help me with this and correct me if I am wrong.

Hi Purvi,

Yes the STM chip on the dwm1001-dev is an on-board debugger running JLink firmware.

The firmware running on the ST mcu configure the GPIOs PA0 PA1 and PA2 to be used as SWD interface for target device. Those are the SWCLK and SWDIO pins connected to the dwm1001.

The PA13 and PA14 pins can be used to flash the ST MCU itself.

Hope its clear,
Yves

Thanks for your help sir,
I am trying to develop a board of my own using this module and want to flash the firmware provided by Decawave. So for that how can i configure PA pins according??.

Hi Purvi,

I am not sure exactly what you mean, if you develop a custom board, you will need to have access to the SWD interface of the DWM1001 module. Then you can use any debugger supporting this interface to flash the module.

The module castelation is as below :

For a custom board, the debugger is usually not on board as it increases cost. This is only done for dwm1001-dev because its handy for our users, but it is not meant to be used in large volume products.

Yves