Quality number - acceptable levels for defined accuracy

What would be acceptable levels of Quality number that is transmitted along with ‘lep’ command:

1. If I am looking to achieve 10 cm accuracy at horizontal X-Y plane
  2. If I am looking to achieve 20 cm accuracy at horizontal X-Y plane
  3. If I am looking to achieve 30 cm accuracy at horizontal X-Y plane

I know that 0.5 means that accuracy is at 0.5 m. Is there are any other significance or “translation” of Quality numbers?
I am getting from one tag numbers that half of them are 50-80 range and half of them 47-50 I do get occasionally lower values lin the range 0.3-0.4 - and I wonder if I should discard or filter them out…
To note here that I never get accuracy worse than 14 cm in X and 25 cm in Y, with accuracy in XY distance of about 18 cm, which leads to the question - where is notion of 0.5 Quality = 0.5 m accuracy comes from?
Note: I specifically do not refer to Z-axes that has accuracy of about 1-1.5 m in my latest measurements. Raising the Anchors higher whether all at equal or different height does not help at all…

1 Like

Hi Securigy,

I don’t think there is a direct translation between QF and actual accuracy of the position. They are linked, but there is no direct equation between them.

A poor quality factor reflects a combination of factor that impact the actual, such as the poor accuracy of range to anchors, potential NLOS, and difficulties for the location engine to find a solution.

I don’t think a quality factor of 0.5 relates to 50cm accuracy.

Yves