Regulations for TX-Power and public use of UWB

Hey Folks,

i researched in some ETSI documents, for the allowed transmit power. I found some limitations and some notes how to get higher tx-power (e.g. low duty cycle).
In my research i saw the categorization of uwb devices into LT1, LT2 and LAES. LT1 is indoor location only, LT2 is location in industrial sites and LAES is for emergency uses.

Is there any specification/documentation about the usage of stationary mounted anchors in public areas?

Regards
Yves

Hi
The most relevant ETSI document is:

This defines the LT1/2 and LEAS systems.

My reading for LT1, is that stationary anchors (outdoor) are allowed as long as they do not transmit

Thanks,
Ken

Thanks Kenneth,

i already read the document and also the part two and three.
A not transmitting stationary anchor does not fit to my use case, so for this i can not handle the anchors as a LT1-System.
Thats the reason why im searching for information about fixed outdoor anchors which are allowed to transmit in the public area.
I re-read the LT2 specification at the etsi 302-065-2 document and there is no limitation to only outdoor usage at industrie sites, which was written in an other document about the LT2 System.

Regards
Yves

With LT2 installation, you have to get permission/clearance from the local jusirsticiton. For once off deployments that might be ok, but not scalable for many installations.

LTS - 'They operate at fixed sites and may be subject to registration and authorization, provided local coordination with possible interference victims has been performed, ECC Report 167 [i.10] and ECC Report 170 [i.11]. ’

Yeah i have read this and now i know that i have to communicate with the competent authority to get a approval for mounting some anchors.
I Thank you for the extra information.