Save the MQTT message

dwm1001

Hi, im using the Gateway, I want to know if i can save the values received in the MQTT in a .txt file (or log file ?) to see the values later.

0 Likes

Did you try a MQTT client? I used MQTT.fx to verify values sent by Gateway.

I’m not sure if it has any feature to save results. My gateway is off now to test it.

Good luck

0 Likes

hi programonauta,
yes im using MQTT.fx but im in the same situation, i dont know how save the results to see later.

1 Like

i suggess to subscribe to the mqtt broker as a client and save data to a database (sql or no sql) ur choice i have tried this and it works fine .
u have to write a node js script for a server to read from mqtt and send to database see tutorials on the net .

1 Like

Hi Franco,

see this related post:

Cheers,
TDK

1 Like

I see that you are using MQTT.fx successfully…
I am on the other hand is stuck on that for several days…
Asked it in a question, but nobody responded…

Can you please take a look, especially at the MQTT.fx log and tell me why proxy fails after 1 second?

0 Likes

I see that you are using MQTT.fx successfully…

Asked it in a question, but nobody responded…

Can you please take a look, especially at the MQTT.fx log and tell me why proxy fails after 1 second?

0 Likes

Hi securigy,

I tried MQTT.fx in the past but it got stuck often so I ditch it. Do you really need it or can you use mosquitto_sub? See this post

Cheers,
TDK

0 Likes

Somebody here on the forum (Legit) discovered somehow based on my screenshots that I have PANS 1 on my devices despite that Android app showed FW2.
So now I flashe PANS 2 on every device based on the Gateway Deployment Guide using J-Flash Lite 6.22g - all look normal and without errors. However, I cannot access via TeraTerm or Serial Putty any of the devices now…
I do not mind using other MQTT client - although I am not familiar with mosquitto_sub - but as you can see I have a ‚Äúbigger fish to fry‚ÄĚ now - accessing the devices via shell in order to configure them.
I could use Android app again but cannot configure the device to be the Bridge Node with it…or can I ?
I do plan to write a wonderful MQTT client in C# for PC - just need to get this whole thing work and somehow verify that I get MQTT messages in some other client first…

0 Likes