Set Anchor Positions from Tag/Anchor Initiator/BLE

Hi, I would like to set the positions of my anchors wireless, whether through a tag or initiator or over BLE. I think the latter is the most likely to be able to do, but I am not sure how. Is it possible to set the position of the anchors wirelessly? I am using the PANS dwm-simple code.

Thanks!

Hi Vikram,

you can do it either via MQTT or BLE. The DRTLS Android Manager source code is available so you can check there how to do that. There is also an BLE API documentation available on the Decawave website.

Cheers,
TDK

Thanks so much. Would I be able to send info over BLE from any devices, such as tag to tag or tag to anchor, for small amounts of data like a couple of bytes?

Thanks again!

Hi Vikram,

technically it is possible, but we have never tested it that. It is however a non-trivial task and would require knowledge of how to use the SoftDevice. Yet there is some risk it would not work.

You might want to give a try:

1. Create an User Application using PANS library. Do not compile the BLE.
  2. Initialize SoftDevice, enable advertisement and fill in some custom data as needed.
  3. Enable discovery from time to time to receive the advertisement with custom data.

See PANS Documentation and examples for the more information on the User Application and its API.

Cheers,
TDK