transmit a continuous wave for ic calibration

Hi,
I’m training to transmit a continuous wave for ic calibration of dwm1000.
I implemented the code described at chapter 8.1.1 (Calibration method of Crystal Oscillator Trim) of DW1000 user manual, but it does not work correctly and I’m not able to see the wave on spettroscope.

Someone can help to find where I’ve wrong please…

This is the portion of code that I’have write:

[font=Serif]void dwt_tx_continuous_wave(uint32_t milliseconds) {[/font]
[font=Serif] uint32_t device_id = 0;[/font]
[font=Serif] dwt_config_t *p_config = DW1000_GetConfigP();[/font]
[font=Serif] // 0. Reset the device[/font]
[font=Serif] dwt_softreset();[/font]
[font=Serif] deca_sleep(20);[/font]
[font=Serif] device_id = dwt_readdevid();[/font]
[font=Serif] if (device_id == DWT_DEVICE_ID) {[/font]
[font=Serif] // 1. Initialize Device[/font]
[font=Serif] uint32_t rf_conf = 0;[/font]
[font=Serif] rf_conf = dwt_read32bitoffsetreg(RF_CONF_ID, 0);[/font]
[font=Serif] uint8 plllockdetect = EC_CTRL_PLLLCK;[/font]
[font=Serif] _dwt_enableclocks(FORCE_SYS_XTI);[/font]
[font=Serif] dwt_writetodevice(EXT_SYNC_ID, EC_CTRL_OFFSET, 1, &plllockdetect);[/font]
[font=Serif] // 2. Write 0x00000000 to Sub-Register 0x36:04 ? PMSC_CTRL1;[/font]
[font=Serif] uint32_t pmsc_ctrl1 = 0x00000000;[/font]
[font=Serif] dwt_write32bitoffsetreg(PMSC_ID, PMSC_CTRL1_OFFSET, pmsc_ctrl1);[/font]
[font=Serif] pmsc_ctrl1 = dwt_read32bitoffsetreg(PMSC_ID, PMSC_CTRL1_OFFSET);[/font]
[font=Serif] // 3. Write the correct value for the selected channel to Sub-Register 0x28:0C? RF_TXCTRL[/font]
[font=Serif] // see table 37, e.g. 0x1E3FE0 for channel 5;[/font]
[font=Serif] uint32_t rf_txctrl = tx_config[chan_idx[p_config->chan]];[/font]
[font=Serif] dwt_write32bitoffsetreg(RF_CONF_ID, RF_TXCTRL_OFFSET, rf_txctrl);[/font]
[font=Serif] rf_txctrl = dwt_read32bitoffsetreg(RF_CONF_ID, RF_TXCTRL_OFFSET);[/font]
[font=Serif] // 4. Write an appropriate value to Register file: 0x1E ? Transmit Power Control, such as that for the selected channel[/font]
[font=Serif] // see Table 20: Reference values Register file: 0x1E ? Transmit Power Control;[/font]
[font=Serif] dwt_reg_tx_power_t power_reg = {.reg_value = 0};[/font]
[font=Serif] float power = 0.0;[/font]
[font=Serif] dwt_reg_tx_power_t reg_tx = dwt_gain_valtoreg(22.5);[/font]
[font=Serif] //dwt_setdefaulttxpower(false, p_config->chan, p_config->prf);[/font]
[font=Serif] dwt_settxpower(false, p_config->chan, reg_tx.reg_value);[/font]
[font=Serif] power_reg.reg_value = dwt_readtxpower();[/font]
[font=Serif] power = dwt_gain_regtoval(power_reg);[/font]
[font=Serif] // 5. Write the value for the selected channel to Sub-Register 0x2B:07 ? FS_PLLCFG, e.g. 0x0800041D for channel 5[/font]
[font=Serif] // see Table 43: Sub-Register 0x2B:07 ? FS_PLLCFG values;[/font]
[font=Serif] uint8_t fs_pllcfg[5] = {0};[/font]
[font=Serif] memcpy(fs_pllcfg, &pll2_config[chan_idx[p_config->chan]][0], 5);[/font]
[font=Serif] dwt_writetodevice(FS_CTRL_ID, FS_PLLCFG_OFFSET, 5, fs_pllcfg);[/font]
[font=Serif] dwt_readfromdevice(FS_CTRL_ID, FS_PLLCFG_OFFSET, 5, fs_pllcfg);[/font]
[font=Serif] // 6. Write the correct value for the selected channel to Sub-Register 0x2B:0B ? FS_PLLTUNE[/font]
[font=Serif] // e.g. 0xBE for channel 5. See table 43[/font]
[font=Serif] uint32_t fs_plltune = 0x0800041D;[/font]
[font=Serif] dwt_write32bitoffsetreg(FS_CTRL_ID, FS_PLLTUNE_OFFSET, fs_plltune);[/font]
[font=Serif] fs_plltune = dwt_read32bitoffsetreg(FS_CTRL_ID, FS_PLLTUNE_OFFSET);[/font]
[font=Serif] // 7. Write 0x22 to PMSC_CTRL0 to enable the appropriate clocks, see Sub-Register 0x36:00 ? PMSC_CTRL0;[/font]
[font=Serif] _dwt_enableclocks(ENABLE_ALL_SEQ);[/font]
[font=Serif] //_dwt_enableclocks(FORCE_TX_PLL);[/font]
[font=Serif] // 8. Write 0x0000 to reserved register Sub-Register 0x36:26 ? PMSC_TXFSEQ;[/font]
[font=Serif] uint16_t pmsc_txfineseq = 0x0000;[/font]
[font=Serif] dwt_write16bitoffsetreg(PMSC_ID, PMSC_TXFINESEQ_OFFSET, pmsc_txfineseq);[/font]
[font=Serif] pmsc_txfineseq = dwt_read16bitoffsetreg(PMSC_ID, PMSC_TXFINESEQ_OFFSET);[/font]
[font=Serif] // 9. Write 0x005FFF00 to Sub-Register 0x28:00 ? RF_CONF[/font]
[font=Serif] rf_conf = 0x005FFF00;[/font]
[font=Serif] dwt_write32bitoffsetreg(RF_CONF_ID, 0x0000, rf_conf);[/font]
[font=Serif] rf_conf = dwt_read32bitoffsetreg(RF_CONF_ID, 0x0000);[/font]
[font=Serif] // 10. Sub-Register 0x2A:0C ? TC_PGTEST to 0x13 to enable Continuous Wave (CW) Test Mode; [/font]
[font=Serif] uint8 tc_pgtest[1] = {TC_PGTEST_CW};[/font]
[font=Serif] dwt_writetodevice(TX_CAL_ID, TC_PGTEST_OFFSET, 1, tc_pgtest);[/font]
[font=Serif] dwt_readfromdevice(TX_CAL_ID, TC_PGTEST_OFFSET, 1, tc_pgtest);[/font]
[font=Serif] ClrWdt();[/font]
[font=Serif] Nop();[/font]
[font=Serif] }[/font]
[font=Serif] deca_sleep(milliseconds);[/font]
[font=Serif] dwt_softreset();[/font]
[font=Serif]}[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]BR,[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]Leonardo[/font]

Hi

Can you tell me what version of the user manual you are using or where you got the details from for this procedure.

Where are you looking at the output and what are you expecting to see there?

Thanks

Denis

We have example code for continuous wave (and Frame)
See our example code API 2.4 example 14 ex_04a_cont_wave (or example 15 ex_04b_cont_frame)
The Example API can be downloaded from: https://www.decawave.com/software-download

Leo

I had an old version of library, now with the new version it works fine :slight_smile:

TK

Hello!

I’m also interested in transmitting a continuous wave on my DWM1001-DEV and I can’t find the API example you are referring to in this thread. Could someone point me in the right direction? :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hi Leo, Could you help with a modified (ex_04a) code for Trek1000? Not good at code part.

Appreciate your help!