TTK1000 accuracy and RF profiles

Hello,

Could anyone tell roughly the accuracy of the TTK1000 Kits?

My team has tried develop a wireless clock sync TDOA system using DWM1001-DEV boards as both anchors and tags and we get as best as 50 cm accuracy. I am trying to figure out how to improve the accuracy of my system so here are my questions.

1. As far as I understand, the clock generating circuit on TTK1000’s anchor board uses TXCO which is better than the XTAL used on DWM1001-DEV. So would it help to improve an accuracy to use TXCO on anchor boards?

2. I know from Sewio’s website that by using different channels or RF profiles for communicating blinks and sync messages, it would help reduce the collision. However, I couldn’t figure out what exactly the RF profiles are and where could I set those parameters. I’ve searched through DWM1000 User Manual and Datasheet but with no luck.

Thank you in advance.
Charuwalee

1: Yes. The TTK1000 anchors use TCXO’s. An Xtal is fine for the Tag.
2: Different channels for density yes but also to help with ETSI/FCC regulatory restrictions for different channels when used for indoor and outdoor systems. Normally this was CH2 and CH5 combos in the DW1000.

Many thanks, Kenneth.

I quite understand and agree what you’ve explained for my question 2. However, it’s still not clear for me what parameters are included in the RF profile.

Regards,
Charuwalee

Maybe you need to look at the Tag code example here.

After some digging in the code you gave, I think I found what I’m looking for. Thanks a lot!!