Two Way Ranging DWM1001 Adjustment

Hi,

I’m currently working on a project that goals to measure the distance between one moving target and multiple other targets, so this basically a project that measues the distance between tags. So i want to make the measurement with just 2 devices and see those data on the serial, is it doable with the current PANS2, and can i add more devices in the future to make a system works just like that but measures between 1 target to multiple tags.

Thanks in Advance

Hi Eren,

in your description it is unclear if the “multiple other targets” are also moving or not.
If they are not moving, i.e. they are anchors then you can use PANS. You can add more anchors as needed.

If the “multiple other targets” are moving then you will need a kind of swarm localization (described in a couple of other posts on this forums, e.g.

Cheers,
TDK

Hi @leapslabs thank you for your reply, you are right this is unclear if the targets are moving are not in my first message, and yes all of my targets are moving and the thing that i want to do is basically measure the distance between target using ToF(i assume it’s the only possible way).

Basically I only need a TWR message between anchor and one tag (no localization needed). If an anchor has any tag around its 5meters diameter, it will give an alert.

Cheers

Hi Eren,

Ok, you need to create a kind of protection zone around the nodes. For that PANS is not ideal.

I think what you need might be available by this company https://rtloc.com/

But if you want to use only one Anchor and one Tag then you can do that with PANS. Just revert the roles. The moving node will be in fact an Anchor Initiator. The node where you need to detect and raise an alert will be the Tag.

Cheers,
TDK