Use "les" to show anchor-tag rangings

product: MDEK1001 . when using “les” to show anchor-tag rangings, only print 4 of all rangings, whether I have method to print all anchor-tag rangings?

I believe the PANS system only uses 4 anchors at a time so it may not have any other range measurements to output.

many thanks, then I wonder whether outputing the other ranges which not used by PANS when I use anchors more than 4.

From what I remember of it the PANS radio protocol is structured in a way that measures ranges in groups of 4 anchors per tag. As such I doubt that the other values are being measured. It may be possible to somehow get the system to calculate a location using one set of 4 anchors and then have the same tag measure its position again using a different set of 4. If so that may be the simplest way to get more than 4 ranges. Quite how you could do this I don’t know. Maybe get the tag to constantly switch between two different network IDs.

But then I’m not that familiar with the details of PANS so I could have this all wrong :slight_smile:
Hopefully someone like @leapslabs will join this thread and be able to give more definite answers and workarounds.

1 Like

Hi @AndyA @likun
actually this has been discussed for a many times in the forum and @AndyA provided the correct answer (as always :wink:) the system is designed to do ranges only with 4 anchors (internally selected). There is no way how to get more.

However it never comes to my mind to put more anchor in one place with different PANID and switch between them to get more ranges. In theory it will work, just the network performance will drop significantly. Switching from one network to other one will take some time (due to TAG resynchronization). Another problem would be slot reservation - once the TN do a successful TWR with anchor then the anchor reserve one next future TWR slot for this TN. But when the TN will switch to another network this TWR slot will be still reserved in the original network and it cannot be reused by any network (if the re-synchronization occurs before this planned TWR slot). If there will be only few TN’s then it might work OK, for fully loaded network at 10Hz you will get very weird behavior. I have never tested this scenario…

Cheers
JK

1 Like

@likun
one additional note: Shell is device to human interface. If you want to connect it to PC/MCU please use binary API - see DWM1001-API-Guide.pdf Chapter 5.3.10 dwm_loc_get .

For some unknown reason every body tries to parse the les/lec/lep in PC/MCU and that’s bad approach.

Cheers
JK

1 Like

thank you so much @leapslabs,@AndyA for your useful suggestions.