UWB 802.15.4 Packet level sniffer software/ plug-in

Hello,
Is there any 802.15.4 packet level sniffer software available with DWM1000? It will be easier to use if it can be downloaded into EVK1000 or MDEK1001 evaluation modules. Please respond back.
Regards
Sandeep Suresh.

Hi Sandeep,

Decawave does not have sniffer product really, but I guess you can setup the DW1000 in constant receive mode and you will receive frames (For a given RF configuration).

Then you can use some software such as wireshark to sniffer the packets (you may need to develop a custom dissector)

Hope it helps,
Yves

Hello Yves,
Thanks for your response. Regarding your comment, “***but I guess you can setup the DW1000 in constant receive mode and you will receive frames (For a given RF configuration).***”
Can you share any document/steps/application notes to set a specific RF configuration (UWB parameters setting I guess) and put the device in constant receive mode?

Thanks & regards
Sandeep Suresh.

Just google the “uwb sniffer”, I have had one back four years ago!

Alliv, thanks for your response. Do you remember and can you let me know the link? I had googled before raising this ticket. Of course there is a commercial one…but we have invested in Decawave modules already and hence wanted to look for available software to put the device into a listening mode to sniff and display the packets with time stamps.
Regards
Sandeep.