Very high DWM1001 current consumption in OFF+SLEEP mode

Hi Epenciso,

apologies for the late response. I can confirm your observation is correct. It is a bug in PANS. Thanks for the feedback!

To summarize the issue:

1. Tag in low power mode with BLE enabled and is in range with the network - power management works correctly and the average current is ~15uA (with stationary detection enabled).
  2. Tag in low power mode with BLE enabled and is out of the network (it seeks for the network) - the average power consumption would be > 425 uA - this is a bug in PANS.

Solution options:

1. Disable completely BLE on the Tags.
  2. In case BLE is necessary - then disable BLE when the node is out of the network and enable it again when being back.
  3. We have not investigated yet the exact cause of the issue but we can do some bugfix / customization if you need an update soon. Please contact us via https://www.leapslabs.com/ in that case.

Thanks,
TDK

Hi TDK,
My response was undeliverable.
Could you please send me your contact email.

Many thanks

Hi all.
Interesting post.

@leapslabs, you mention solution option 2, disable BLE when the node is out of network. How can that, be done automatically? Maybe with code in user space?
Any clue?
Thanks!
Ramiro

Hi,
I’m stuck with the communication between ESP8266 and DWM1001. I’ve tried so many things but I cannot reach to communicate both devices.

Could you explain (or share code) about how you communicate ESP and DWM via UART??

I’m looking forward your answer

Best regards,
Carlos

@leapslabs Do you plan to update the software to remove this bug, a BLE based search is a very good idea (battery wise) and it would be great to have that functionality. This bug combined with the fact that an out-of-network range tag keeps searching for UWB network and consumes high current even in low power mode is really limiting to developing a battery powered tag. Thanks!

Hi,

Yes, the issue is fixed. It will come with a new bug-fixes release. I cannot comment on the release date yet. Please follow the forums.

Cheers,
TDK

1 Like

Hi @leapslabs has any release been published with this bug fix? Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @leapslabs any updates on this issues and release date. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @makcst
sorry we cannot comment this.

Cheers
JK

@leapslabs, as makcast we are awaiting the bug fix.
Regards.

1 Like

Hi,

Still no news regarding this topic?

Best regards,

Hi @JanH,
unfortunately I cannot comment on this.

But its been noted on the forum already there there will be no new release for PANS 2.0 .

Cheers
JK