Parallel conductivity temperature coefficients (TGP1 & 2)

Can anyone here provide a link to a reference for calculating this? Or some description of how it works? I have diode leakage current I need to model at different T…

Do you have data Is vs temp.

Best regards,
Ivan

Check page 23 there you can find how to extract temperature depended variables from data.

SPICEdiodeModel.pdf (1.9 MB)

Best regards,
Ivan

1 Like

TGP1 and TGP2 are 1st and 2nd order of temperature coefficient of parallel conductance in diode, which is a resistor added in parallel to diode but its value is defined by conductance (G) instead of resistance (R=1/G). Be remember the formula is temperature coefficient of conductance (G) but not its resistance (R).

Thanks for the responses. KSK, that what exactly what I needed.

Upon further analysis, obtaining a realistic reverse current profile isn’t so straightforward. Nonzero ‘Is’ leakage parameter is required for modeling breakdown current. But that nonzero ‘Is’ interacts with values of Gp and TGPx. The end result was that I had to reduce Gp to 71% of the calculated value and increase TGP1 to ~280% of its calculated value. (Didn’t use TGP2.) I wonder if the internals could be modified to make accurate modeling of leakage current simpler…