Can I have a tag to act as an anchor after it becomes stationary after a set amount of time

Hello, I recently successfully set up an environment with 4 anchors and one tag. I am wondering if it’s possible to have 1 more tag added to the environment, however, once it is stationary for a set amount of time. The tag becomes an anchor and adds to the calculation of the moving tag location and the opposite is true too. if a tag is stationary and it detects itself moving, then it can be shown in the DRTLS Web Manager.

-kaycee

Hello,

Technically it could be possible to have this kind of dynamic mesh network. From my knowledge, there is no such code for that and you need to implement it by yourself, you also need to use some accelerometer or movement sensor to verify that the device is moving or not.

There is one important thing to take into account: the power consumption. A battery-powered tag can last for a long time because it sends data a few time per minutes, and sleeps the rest of the time. On the contrary, an anchor is always listening for tags, so it is never sleeping and consumes a lot more power.

Simon.

1 Like

Hello Simon,

I understand thank you for the information!
By the way, do you know how to have the tag to return values of it location with respect to the anchors with my raspberry pi and dwm1001 set up ?

-kaycee