Changing DWM1001-DEV UWB channel/data rate

1. Is it possible to change the DWM1001-DEV from UWB channel 5 to a different channel?
  2. Is it possible to change the DWM1001-DEV data rate from 6.8Mbps to a lower amount?

I’ve poured over the support documentation and firmware source code but can’t find anything definitive. I understand that changing the channel is not good for the built-in antenna… but I was hoping to just try changing the channel and data rate in order to test out maximizing the range and object penetration of the DWM1001-DEV from the MDEK1001 kit.

If these changes aren’t possible please let me know… otherwise if they are, being pointed in the right direction in regards to what to look at in the programming of the devices would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi 4thpep,

Are you using the PANS firmware ?

If yes it is not possible. The firmware is designed for CH5, PRF64, PRL128, 6.8MBPs

You can develop a fully custom firmware that could run on CH2 but please not the dwm1001 hardware is optimized for channel 5.

Thank you,
Yves

Hi Yves,
can you tell us also the other parameters you are using in PANS?
I tried PAC_8, tx Code 10, rx Code 10, no ns SFD, std PHR, sfd timeout (129 + 8 - 8) and get a bad communication range (< 10m).
Greetings, Pat