DWM1001 with raspberry pi to get positions

Hi,

I am using DWM1001 kit in one of my project. I have connected 3 anchors , 1 tag and 1 bridge. On my DRTLS local page I can see all the anchors and tags and their respective positions. I have configured my DWM1001 with raspberry pi as a bridge. Now I want to write a customised code to get the tag position into raspberry pi. How can I do this?

I have seen one python script on the forum. To run this script I have set my DWM1001 with raspberry pi as tag. but it is giving output as response for lec command and showing positions not calculated. When I debug I get to know that “line=DWM.readline()” outputs blank line. What I am doing wrong? please help.

or any other way to do it??

please guide me for this I am working on this for the first time.

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @Shravani
Im not exactly sure what you want to do. But you can get TAG positions directly from mosquitto and you can save your time.

Cheers
JK

Hi @leapslabs

I want to set one tag and 3 anchors and 1 listener. I just want that my listener should receive tag position. Also I am connecting sensor with the tag so I also want that sensor data along with the positions. How can I do that?

Hi @Shravani
for TN position observing you can use the listener (not bridge) and parse output from it. But if you want to transfer data then you must use bridge with RPi. The listener only supports position observing.

Cheers
JK

Hi @leapslabs ,

I have set my raspberry pi as anchor in passive uwb mode now I am getting tag positions. Do I get user data in this mode? or I should setup it as bridge?

What should I do to get positions and userdata in same code?

Hi @Shravani
no in the listener mode you cannot get user data. You need to configure it as bridge if you want to see user data.

Im not sure what do you mean with this:
What should I do to get positions and userdata in same code?

But in general you need to create program that will subscribe to MQTT topics and then you can receive TN positions and user data.

Check this PDF: DWM1001_Gateway_Quick_Deployment_Guide.pdf

Cheers
JK

Hi @leapslabs

I want to ask you that can we send user data from tag to anchor through UWB.?

Can I get user data and tn positions at a time?

I have written a python script for getting tn positions so in the same script can I get user data?

Hi @Shravani
yes you can send data trough UWB but you need to setup a bridge with raspberry pi.

I don’t know you script so I cant tell you if you can use the same script for IoT data.

Cheers
JK