High consumption on tag in low power mode and anchor with different panid

Hi there, i have a problem with my tag in low power mode.

Im measuring consumption and everything works fine but when i have an anchor with different panid in the neighborhood the tag gets a high power consumption with recurent peaks of about 126 mA with a duration of 2/7 of the time aprox. Is this a normal thing ??? because it’s ruining my low power consumption solution that im working on.

Another thing is that when i have another anchor with the same panid of the tag everything goes back to normal and i dont get those weird current peaks. im leaving a picture of the measurement i made with a resistance of about 2 ohms so the milivolts that are shown in the osciloscope are two times the real consumption.

i leave the tag configuration here too:
sys: fw2 fw_ver=x01030001 cfg_ver=x00010700
[000028.840 INF] uwb0: panid=x0010 addr=xDECA87E2F624CE39
[000028.850 INF] mode: tn (act,twr,lp,nole)
[000028.850 INF] uwbmac: connected
[000028.850 INF] uwbmac: bh disconnected
[000028.860 INF] cfg: sync=0 fwup=0 ble=1 leds=1 le=0 lp=1 stat_det=0 mode=0 upd_rate_norm=5 upd_rate_stat=5 label=DWCE39


Hi, excuse my English, I am not a native of the language.
I had a similar problem, I solved it by compiling the firmware by commenting on the dwm_shell_compile (). Apparently this runs a thread that prevents the device from entering low power mode.

I hope my experience will serve you.

hi thanks for the reply Fdiazz , I have tried commenting the dwm_shell_compile line and that wierd consumption is still there.
Please if anyone has another suggestion or answer to this i would appreciate it.

I share a fragment of the code I use.

are you using the DWM1001-DEV board? If so, be sure to remove the jumpers corresponding to the j-link. sometimes the nrf can enter debug mode and cause unwanted consumption.
I also see that you have activated lesd, I suggest deactiver and test.


void dwm_user_start(void) {
uint8_t hndl;
int rv;
//Disabling ble by default as softdevice prevents debugging with breakpoints (due to priority)
/* Create thread */
rv = dwm_thread_create(THREAD_APP_PRIO, app_thread_entry, (void )NULL,
“app”, THREAD_APP_STACK_SIZE, &hndl);
//configure as tag
dwm_cfg_tag_t cfg;
cfg.stnry_en = 1;
cfg.meas_mode = DWM_MEAS_MODE_TWR;
cfg.low_power_en = 1;
cfg.loc_engine_en = 1;
cfg.common.enc_en = 0;
cfg.common.led_en = 0;
cfg.common.ble_en = 0;
cfg.common.fw_update_en = 0;
cfg.common.uwb_mode = DWM_UWB_MODE_ACTIVE;
rv = dwm_cfg_tag_set(&cfg);
// config rate
rv=dwm_upd_rate_set(250, 600); // update rate 25 second. 60 seconds stationary
Start the thread */